Chapter 8

He swore under his breath and looked at me, pulling me at an arm's length. "Go to your room. Now."

I nodded, utterly baffled that he could keep his cool even at times like this. Was he keeping his cool or did he really lose it so bad that he is blank? Just like the time he came to know that I was his wife and he almost took half an hour to register the fact?

"Are you sure you can handle-"

"I said go," he said and shoved me into my room and shut the door. I was trapped inside, literally blind to the events happening outside and my heart was hammering wildly against my chest. Why didn't I think of this scenario before? All I ever thought was he would bring friends, but that meeting would have a prior appointment. The fact that friends could randomly drop by to your house any given day was completely out of my mind when I was thinking about all the ways we could make an excuse of being under the same roof.

I could hear the door open and the lively chatter outside. Especially when Marilyn sweetly dragged, "Ray!~ My love!~ It has been such a long time since I last came over! There are many changes in your house, aren't there?"

Well, I bet she would be in for a shock when she discovers the biggest change in his life.

He is married.

Beat that, you sick, lying, two faced girl.

Ray mumbled something in reply and I could hear even the boys in the hall. I so wanted to be there among them now that even Hunter was being nice to me. Why did I have to hide in my own house? Wasn't life being too unfair with me?

"I'm hungry, got some beer?" Dylan asked and walked to the fridge. "Dude, why are there so many tubs of chocolate ice cream?" He asked with a suspicious glance and I smacked my head inside the room. I knew that I shouldn't have been such a pig and should've bought so many tubs at once! One at a time, Angela. What is wrong with you? Well, I got really paranoid about the supermarket running out of chocolate ice cream right when I needed it, so I bought that in surplus. I'm sure that I am not the only one who does that. 

Probably.

"Uh, that," Ray hesitated. I shouldn't have made this so bad for him. "I kind of have a sweet tooth now, so I figured that would help."

I nodded. Not a good excuse, but he is rich and spends a lot of money for useless things, so this is believable.

I heard the television being turned on and the voices got drowned in the sound. I tried hard to listen in on the voices and the conversation, but to no avail. I sighed and sat down on the floor. This has got to be the biggest nightmare of my life. This was a make or break situation and I couldn't trust Ray to say or do anything properly. In fact, I couldn't trust anyone to make this situation alright.

"I miss little Angel," I heard Dylan say.

"I wish she were here with us. She would have enjoyed Ray's house," Thomas said, sweet as ever.

Believe me, I wouldn't in a thousand years would have enjoyed Ray's house. I cried internally.

"Why don't you call her? We could go and pick her up," Hunter suggested and I felt my heart jump out of my mouth.

"W-What?" Ray said and I prayed that he could divert this situation no matter what.

"Good idea, Hunter. It feels good that you have finally made up with Angela. I feel like we are more of a family now."

"Wait a minute," Marilyn interrupted and my ears perked up in curiosity. I wished she could be her nasty self right then and shun Hunter for that idea. "Are you really insisting on doing that?"