Chapter 5

"I'll come along, I forgot my wallet," the long haired boy said and Thomas waved his wallet at him. My heart did a weird skip when he stood up, but that was a completely different issue altogether. He was tall, alright. Just the perfect height as well. But then, what was his name?

"I'll pay for you, but you gotta repay me at home," Thomas said and the long haired guy nodded. He didn't smile and maintained an eerie distance to everyone. Either that, or everyone made way when he walked, instead of the usual pushing and pulling.

I looked at Thomas questioningly and he replied, "Ah, I didn't introduce you to him?"

"Nope," I stared at his back longingly.

"He is my brother, Hunter Jeffrey."

"No wonder the entire campus talks about him," I mumbled.

"True," Thomas yet again replied to my mumbling and I was caught off guard again.

"My God! Would you stop listening to my mumbling?" I playfully slapped his arm and laughed.

"Well, you need to learn to start thinking in your mind whenever I am around," he smirked.

"And that would be always," I laughed. "Or maybe I wouldn't really mind you listening in after I get used to you."

"Now that's a brilliant option!" He grinned.

"Hey," Hunter turned around near the counter and I could swear that people took a step back, just to get a clear view of him. "I want the pizza."

"Alright," Thomas nodded. I ordered a sandwich and pulled out my purse, only to see that I still didn't acquire the current currency of the country. I still had my old notes and I almost smacked my face. I groaned and pushed back the pack of sandwich to the person behind the counter, not before throwing a glare at Ray's direction.

"What happened? Why are you not taking it?" Thomas asked and I smiled, showing him my purse. "You have play money?" He laughed.

"Hey! This is not play money. I can convert them, okay?" I pouted.

"For now it is play money, huh?" He laughed.

"Buy her something for now," Hunter said and I almost sobbed in happiness. This was the first time I ever saw Hunter glance at me. It was truly a wonderful feeling. But then the feeling was thrashed down by the overly familiar voice of Ray.

"What's taking you guys so long?" He leaned on the counter and the crowd seemed to take another step back. What was with these guys and distance? Thomas explained to him the situation and he nodded, "I'll pay for her."

"You will what?" I gaped and Thomas followed my lead, whereas Hunter simply frowned.

"Yeah, you are paying for two already, aren't you?" Ray said buying the sandwich, "I'll pay for her. Now make it quick, will you?" He shoved the package in my hand and walked away.

"When did he get so generous?" Thomas shrugged and bought their lunch.

Hunter and Thomas made themselves comfortable on either side of Dylan and I was left standing in front of them awkwardly. I could see girls glaring from every side, silently daring me to sit beside any of them. Ray sighed and moved over for me to sit and thanks to the guys' uncomfortable stares, I sat down and felt a death glare wave pass through me. I had provoked every single girl in the campus and I was quite sure of that. Thinking that I should at least eat well before I die, I stuffed my face with the sandwich and that was exactly the time when Thomas called me. I looked up with stuffed cheeks, almost resembling a hamster and Thomas and Dylan burst out laughing.