Chapter 21

"And why do you think that we need to go out on your bike on such a sunny day?" Ray folded his arms as he stared me down.

"That is because, well, we are living my life, aren't we? I don't own a car, so at the moment, we both don't. And we are going to endure this sunny day. Just like I used to."

"Oh, what fun," he mumbled, rolling his eyes.

I smirked. This was going to be a heck of a day.

"Why are you the one who gets to ride?" He questioned as I wordlessly shoved him back and took the handle.

"Because, I don't trust anyone other than myself when it comes to riding a bike and honestly, I ride way better than everyone," I shrugged, starting the bike.

"Aren't you being overly confident?" He mumbled. Well, needless to say, I shut him up within the next five minutes. I shouldn't really boast about my skills, but maneuvering a bike from narrow paths in heavy traffic with near death escapes was something not everyone could do. Ray could only maintain his manly pride by not screaming out his lungs and sitting still, holding me tight. His face was pale as a ghost and the iron grip he had on my waist was no joke. If I let him hold onto me for a little longer, I was sure that it would bruise.

I stopped near a signal and I could feel Ray let go of my waist and take a deep breath.

"So, we were talking about being overly confident, weren't we?" I questioned and he shook his head. Looks like the pretty boy with a silver spoon forgot how to talk. "What happened?"

"Do you have a death wish?" He screamed out in the traffic and everyone who were halted there were looking at us.

"Um, Ray-" He cut me off with a glare.

"Don't," his glare intensified. "Ride properly or I'll take a taxi and directly go to the airport."

"Yeah, okay. Don't get your man panties in a bunch," I rolled my eyes. "Psh, coward."

"What did you say?" He frowned.

"I said okay, you nincompoop! I'll go slow!" I yelled. The wave of stares radiated from all around us and I rolled my eyes. Maybe I was a tad bit louder than what I was supposed to be, but I wasn't gonna admit it anytime soon. When the passersby weren't gonna turn away, I yelled again, frustrated. "Aren't you gonna go? It is green already! Move it! Show's done!" That much screaming from a woman was more than enough to get their heads turning and clearing the way. Ray was staring at me, his mouth wide open and somehow that looked too cute.

I looked at him through the rear view mirror to see that he was still staring at the back of my head even though it had been a long time that I screamed at random strangers. "What happened? Why are you still staring?"

"Why do you behave like you are an innocent and a studious girl back there when you are actually no less than a gangster?" Ray asked and I laughed.

"Hey, just a little screaming doesn't make me gangster!" I protested. The way he saw me curse at people who tried to block my way on the road, scream at random strangers and ride like a biker chick totally took him off guard. I knew that he wasn't ready for this. After all, no one would be so keen to find out that their wife was acting like a gangster on road.

"You honestly remind me of those truck drivers we pass by," he shuddered and I laughed again. This time my laugh sounded as if it were covering up a wailing walrus. Never in my life did I think that a guy whom I crushed on would compare me to a truck driver. But then, it was Angela whom we are talking about. Anything seemed to be possible as long as it was me in the picture.