Chapter 30

"I don't care where, but take me out!" I cried, hitting a cushion repeatedly as I sat on the sofa, right in front of Ray. It was the weekend after all the project submission and Ray was engrossed in watching soccer. I waited for him to get bored of it, but apparently he looked so much into it that he didn't spare a second glance at me. Well, that called for drastic measures, and hence, the tantrum.

"Shut up, just go to your room and read a book or something. Shoo," he shooed me off and my temper rose even more. 

"I am not going to do it!" I yelled walking towards him. I was now standing in front of him, obstructing his view of the match.

"What do you want?" he groaned.

"Outside. Take me," I clearly said for him, in case he was deaf earlier.

"Where? Movie? Food?" he asked.

"I don't care where! But let's just go out! I feel like I am gonna rot sitting at home all the time!" I cried.

"Why don't you go with Thomas or Dylan?" he asked annoyed. "They would be more than happy to take their little Angel out with them."

"They are busy. I already asked them."

"Then Johanna or Hunt-"

"Did you really think that I would ask you first without asking anyone else at all?" I tapped my foot impatiently.

And that was how our weekend outing to nowhere began.

"Where?" Ray asked as he drove his car disinterestedly.

"Museum?"

"Boring. Next."

"Zoo?"

"Tiring. Next."

"Movie?"

"Time waste. Next."

"Park?"

"Childish. Next."

I narrowed my eyes. "How about we drive to your grave?" I smiled sweetly.

He rolled his eyes. "Tell me a place which doesn't require much energy and is nice to visit. All the places you told are too mainstream."

"Your grave isn't a mainstream place," I muttered.

"What did you say?" he yelled.

"I said Aquarium!" I yelled. "An Aquarium is the best place for lazy people like you. You can stand there and the sharks would come to see you."

"Good idea," he nodded smiling. "I heard that there is a dolphin show too. I want to watch once."

One thing which I understood after going to an aquarium was, standing in between so many sea creatures, with as few people as possible was the best feeling ever. The area was practically isolated as not more than two to three couples passed by us. We felt like a couple too, we practically were a couple, but we chose it so that we weren't. It was tranquil as I watched so many schools of fish pass by me, my face glued to the glass.

"This is so pretty," I groaned.

"Step back, Angela. Don't humiliate me in public," Ray said.

"What is so humiliating in watching fish?" I frowned, turning to look at him. "If I am that humiliating to be with, I suggest you pretend to not know me at all." I turned back to admire my fish, but yelped and jumped back startled when I saw a shark right in front of my face. "Holy mother of God!"

Ray laughed hard, along with another couple who seemed to be watching us with amused expressions. "That is why I asked you to step back," he laughed a little more.