Chapter 11

That was the first time I didn't go home in the night. Ray called me asking where I was - I suspected that he was really shaken up by my earlier outburst, but was assured when Louise spoke to him, saying that she would be letting me stay for the night. It was almost midnight when we were done at the saloon. My face felt like it weighed a few kilograms less, thanks to all the cleaning the Italian woman did, and my scalp hurt, due to all the pulling and pushing with various instruments to straighten my hair. I was sure that I learnt many Italian cuss words that day as that woman almost cried out to God to help her to cut and straighten my hair. She had told me that she had never seen anyone's hair this unmanageable, and threatened to shave my head the next time she sees it in the same state. I didn't have a problem going bald, but I wasn't sure that Ray would like that. Why was I thinking about how Ray would like my hair? His opinion didn't mean a thing to me, did it?

With my hair styled, eyebrows plucked and all the extra body hair on my arms and legs waxed, which, may I add, wasn't such a pleasant experience, we set out once more. Surprisingly, no one looked at me like I was the weird one and Johanna actually had a pleasant expression when she spoke to me. She didn't give me anymore disgusted once overs or used her pot mouth with me. Louise took me back to the same boutique and ordered the staff to fetch her a few more dresses. After a while, I came out of the changing room, covering my chest and the slit of the dress which started at my thigh.

"I am not wearing this," I announced as I came out.

"Get your hands off your body. Let me see how the dress looks like," Johanna said sternly.

"It is too revealing!" I squealed. "I can't wear this!" I said, standing straight.

"Perfect," Louise grinned.

We were back to the Italian woman again, and this time, she was happy to see me. She looked proud - I was guessing she did a good job with me. I didn't know for sure, as I was not allowed to look at myself till I was ready. It was all Johanna's plan of the big reveal. Puffs, powders, combs were all being used on me for the last time that evening and it was time for the all too revealing dress. I wanted to cry rather than wearing the dress, but crying wasn't an option when I was stuck with these ambitious women. Also, from nowhere a pair of contacts appeared and the women coerced me into wearing them.

I came out of the changing room to see Johanna and Louise all dolled up and ready to go. They looked stunning as they always are, with Johanna wearing a silver floor length, sequinned gown and Louise, a green, earthy dress, which looked as sober as she is. They turned to look at me and gaped.

"Whoa, you are officially my friend. I am not going to bad mouth you ever again," Johanna declared.

Now, a statement like that from Johanna meant something serious. Louise smiled at me, but there was a maniacal glint of success in her eyes. "Now that is what I am talking about. I design dresses for everyone and not even you are an exception."

We walked to a floor length mirror and what I saw in that, made my jaw drop. Either that person wasn't me, or I should be on drugs. Mind you, a very high dose on that. "Is that me?" I touched the mirror. Yep, it was a mirror and not some other girl trying to mimic me. I looked, may I dare say, like a bomb. My hair was styled to reveal my now pretty face and the dress! Oh, the dress! It was a deep purple gown which stood in a stark contrast to my skin and flowed in ripples to the ground. It had a deep neckline which showed my always covered chest with a nice cleavage and a slit from up my thigh. Paired with a good pair of purple heels, a nice bracelet, a clutch, and a small chain around my neck, my look was complete.

"So?" Johanna asked.

"Wow. I think I am turning lesbian for myself," I giggled.

They laughed. "Now let's go and make even the gay men straight!" Johanna winked and we started to the party.