Chapter 32

My mornings were never really good any day because, one, I had to wake up and two, Ray would always threaten me saying that he would leave me behind. Although most of the times I got away with the threat, he sometimes really left me behind and went away. This was one of those many days he left me to lock up and go to college on my own because I was late. And why was I late? Because Ray decided that it was funny to hide my one and only comb and not give his when I literally begged him. I was ready to go without really combing my hair, but Ray said that he wouldn't let me in the house later on, so I had to begin treasure hunting for my comb and was late to college.

I got to college a tad bit late, causing one of my lecturers to release his wrath on me and not let me into his class and making me lose my attendance. I was already running short on my attendance percentage and Ray was not making it any easier for me to increase it. Angry and frustrated, I stomped my way to the cafeteria to find Dylan flirting his way in with all the girls cooing around him. They had such nice lives.

"Hey, Dylan!" I called out and his face brightened up even more.

"Little Angel!" He called and came up to me for a hug. "You look very free! Don't you have classes?"

I sighed. What could I probably say to him? That Ray hid my comb? Did Dylan even know that we lived together? I was sure that only his sister knew about us being cousins and even Hunter and Thomas, because of that party we bumped into. So it was basically only Dylan who didn't know the truth, or let's say, the web of lies that we wove about ourselves.

"I was late," I stuck my tongue out, because that was probably the reason I was not in the class. It was the truth, right?

"Oversleeping again, are we?" He said and I chuckled helplessly. Well, if he was gonna assume things in my favor, then who was I to stop him?

As I sat with Dylan in the cafeteria along with a few giggling girls, whom might I add, are kind of annoying, I spotted a familiar face. I was sure that I had seen him somewhere, but I wasn't sure where. Curiosity got the best of me and I did the net best thing. I asked Dylan about him.

"Dylan?" I interrupted him from telling something cheesy to one girl who was blushing furiously. "Do you know who he is?" I pointed at that person who was now talking to a group.

"Nope, never seen him before," he shrugged. "Why?"

"No, I just thought that I saw him somewhere. I don't know where though."

"He's Henry Suez," a girl supplied, who I didn't notice was sitting with us till then. "He's a post graduate student. Doesn't show up to the college all that much and has a way with girls."

I blinked at the information she gave. People sure knew what they wanted to know. "Uh, okay. Thanks," I awkwardly smiled at her and got up. "I'll leave now. I have a class to attend," I said and took my leave. As I left the cafeteria, I realized where I saw that person. 

It was with Marylin. 

Back while eating ice cream with Hunter.

It was him!

I ran back into the cafeteria to take a good look at him. I couldn't be wrong! I was sure that I saw him with Marylin the other day! I looked around for him and saw him sit at a table with his friends whom I was sure I had never seen before. When I looked more closely, I saw that he was signalling to someone from his table. He was maintaining an eye contact with someone from another table. When I turned around to look at who that was, I realized that in the very far corner of the cafeteria, which was almost two halls across, was Marylin sitting and signalling something back to him.

My jaw dropped.

That was some serious communication method! Why couldn't they just go to each other and talk normally like other people? Why do they have to go through so much pain of miscommunication and repetitive gestures?