Nightmares and New Beginnings

I jolted up out of my sleep with a scream. I was sweating, and breathing heavily. Mom, I had dreamt yet again of the day they killed her.

It was already 4 in the morning, and that's the best time the fly, especially when you have people after you, because no one's out this early. I was in downtown London, and today was going to be last day of traveling before I finally reached my destination: The Phantomhive manor. I was excited to see my father again, yet I also dreaded having to tell him that not only mom was dead, but that I was in danger. I grabbed my small bag that held my emergency belongings, and opened up the window of my hotel room. It was small, but big enough for me to fit my small body through. I through my bag over shoulder and jumped. Before too long, I quickly fully extended my wings and began to flit through the sky.

I had no idea where the manor was, I just used my demon senses to track my dad all the way from Dublin, where I lived with mom. His scent was strong, as if he was aware of my presence as well. Its possible, as I do have a powerful scent from vampire, witch, and demon fusing into my blood. Of course this also makes me easy to track, I was like a beacon to other supernaturals everywhere.

As I was almost on top of my dad's scent, the sun and just begun to rise I had been flying around a large building, which I very well thought to be the Phantomhive manor, however, I had to wait until the sun was completely risen before I knock on the front door. So in the mean time, I am going to watch the sun rise from the roof.

Well, that was nice. I slipped off the roof and landed gracefully onto the ground in front of the large front doors. It turns out, I didn't even have to knock before my dad's familiar face threw open the doors and gave me one of his signature bear hugs that I had missed so very much.

"Lilith! Oh my Lily, how I've missed you! Where's Alice?" He was so happy, and I was about to crush that by telling him that the love of his life had been murdered. I bit my lip I look away, unable to look him in the eyes.

"That's why I'm here, our hideout was compromised. Someone tried to kill me, but mom got in the way to save me.." I trailed off, I couldn't finish because tears had begun to fall down my cheeks. "Daddy, mom's dead." I released the full waterworks and clutched onto my dad's jacket. "Lilith, look at me, its gonna be okay, you'll be safe with me. I'll go ask my master if you can stay here."

"There will be no need for that, Sebastian." The boy who I assumed to be Ciel was poised halfway down the grand staircase. "She is a lady, who just lost her mother, she can stay. She will stay in room number 23, I think it'll suit her best. Now, I will leave you two alone so that you may catch up. However, by six, I would like to have a chat with her, Sebastian." The boy said nothing further before he turned and walked off. He didn't even ask my name. Not to mention, I'm no true lady, I'm a supernatural mixed breed from Hell. Technically, yes I'm female, but I'm no human noble. Although I have eaten one before...