Chapter Nine: Home

A/N: Oh my Frigga it's been a long time since I updated. I am so so sorry. Hopefully I will get better at updating more, school this year has been a pain in my arse. I hope you enjoy this chapter!
______

(Third Person POV)

"What are we going to do, Pietro? Our friends are hurt, we have to get to them." Riley whispers, tears streaming down her face. She looks out the glass window next to her, trying not to look at the destruction of the building. "I don't think Steve will make it through, and Tony's armor is crushed. He could be dead for all we know. Our leaders are gone."

"Remember what Bucky said to you? You can lead the team, роза. We can stop Magneto, with you ahead of us." Pietro's face has multiple cuts, and his body is littered with wounds. He kisses Riley's forehead, before standing up from behind the desk they were hiding behind. "I'll follow you, my love."

Before Riley can say anything, claws suddenly come through Pietro's stomach, and his mouth falls open in shock. She watches as his body is thrown through the window, falling down to the ground, and Sabertooth stands where he was. Everything is quiet, until Riley lets out a gut wrenching scream.

~A Week Earlier~

(Riley's POV)

"What are we going to do Pietro?" I ask, looking towards my white haired boyfriend. "Tony just cheated."

The Avengers sit around the glass coffee table in the living area, playing a game of Sorry. "I do not think he cheated, Riley." Pietro chuckles, shaking his head.

"Sorry, kiddo." Tony smirks, moving another piece. "Oh wait, that's the name of the game!"

"Shut up." Clint mutters under his breath, and rolls his eyes. Natasha and Thor sit off, away from the game. Only Riley, Tony, Pietro, and Clint play the game. Steve leans back on the couch next to Bucky, watching intently. "Tony's been winning and most likely will win."

"Genius, billionaire, playboy-"

"Philanthropist, we know." Natasha finishes, not even looking up from the book she's reading. Tony shoots her a frustrated look, and doesn't notice when Pietro quickly moves his piece farther back. When Tony turns back around, his eyes go wide.

"Cheater!" He yells, and Pietro grins. "You cheated."

"Did you see me cheat, Stark?" Pietro questions, but Tony doesn't reply. "Riley, did I cheat? Old man?"

Both myself and Clint shake our heads. Tony huffs and stands up. "Then fine, I'm not playing anymore." I throw my head back and laugh.

"Don't throw a temper tantrum, Tony!"

"Aw, c'mon Tony, you were winning!"

"Sit back down, Stark."

"I'm going to bed, youngsters. An old man has to get his sleep." Tony jokes, walking up the stairs. "Everyone, go to bed. It's my house."

Everyone groans but stands up. I guess we all are pretty tired. "I don't want to go to bed." Pietro complains. I curl up next to him and shake my head. "I will stay right here if I please."

Suddenly, Wanda and Vision walk into the room, finally joining the party. Pietro's face goes emotionless, and he stands. "Pietro?" I stare at him, confused.

"Actually, I'm pretty tired." He says, but instead of speeding out, he walks past his sister without a glance. Harsh blow.

I stand up and look at Wanda, a sad look in my eyes. "Riley, don't apologize. It is not your fault." Wanda whispers, but I can tell she's hurt. "He will think what he wants."