Chapter Seventeen: Tranquility

_________

(Riley's POV)

"Pietro, get your ass up. We have to start getting the Tower ready for tonight." I demand, shoving his body off of mine. The blankets go with him, leaving me in the cold. "Wake up, speedy."

I stand from the bed, and go to living room. Finding a candle that smells like sweets, I light it and wait for the comedy to happen. Minutes later, I hear Pietro rush out of bed only to run straight into the wall. A string of curses follows, before he walks through the door with a blood red forehead.

"You did that on purpose." Pietro mutters grumpily. I nod with joy, before taking his hand. "I was half asleep, remind me never to run half asleep again."

"I try to remind you every time I use that trick, babe. Doesn't get through your thick skull, however." I stand on my tiptoes to give him a peck on the cheek and grin. "C'mon. Decorating isn't going to do itself."

"I can do it in seconds."

"No one cares."

Once we arrive in the giant room where the party is to be held, both Pietro and I stop in our tracks. There's already a small stage, lights, and minor glitter everywhere. Gabriel, Natasha, and Bruce are the only team members present. Soon after us, Tony walks by with a coffee in hand. "It looks like a rave monster threw up in here." He grumbles, sitting down on the couch. 

"More like Gabriel." Natasha murmurs with a short laugh following.

"Riley! Thank God you're here. You missed the Hulk bringing in a stage with one hand!" Gabriel gestures to the greenery excitedly. "Come see it!"

He grabs my hand and yanks me along. "How old are you?" I joke when he plants me in front of the stage. "I think this is the first time Tony Stark has ever had a glitter stage in this tower."

Tony sighs his disapproval.

Natasha looks particularly cheery with a glittery party hat on. She notices my stare and shrugs. "The kid is growing on me." She explains, looking at Gabriel.

"You and Clint; always the ones who do this with young ones." I roll my eyes as Gabriel hands me three bags full of glitter. "Alright, where's vacuum?"

Bucky and Steve walk through the doors, almost on cue, with a vacuum. "One vacuum coming right up." Steve says, setting it down next to the stage. "You got dragged in to?"

"I think he's trying to make a good first impression as an Avenger." Bucky smiles, glancing at Gabriel who has mustered up the courage to try and convince Tony to help. Soon enough, we see the mug of coffee flying towards Gabriel. I wince, before watching as Gabriel sulks back to the string of lights on the wall. 

Suddenly, all at once, a blue blur flies past me, and in an instant, all the decorating is done. "Pietro, what the hell?" I growl, looking at my boyfriend with a death glare.

"Stark paid me to do it!"

I look to see Gabriel with his mouth dropped open. "Gabriel, I am so sorry-"

"Gabriel, I saved a bag of glitter for you." Pietro says, handing the bag to Gabriel. His face lights up, and soon he is running to the first empty spot in the room to dump it. Once he has done so, I grab Pietro and kiss him. "What was that for, pоза?" 

"For being amazingly sweet." I smile, intertwining our hands. "Let's go find your sister, shall we?"

We leave the rest of the team to deal with an overly ecstatic Gabriel, and make our way to Wanda's room. She answers when we knock, a happy glow on her face. "Sister, you look extra chipper today." Pietro states, casually walking into the room. When he gets out of hearing range, I smirk deviously at Wanda.