Chapter Ten: Mutant

A/N:
Yes, I know it has been forever since I posted a chapter. I hate that it's taken me this long. I will be honest with you guys; I have been dealing with a little relapse in my depression. My mental state wasn't too good for awhile, changes needed to be made, and I just never had the motivation to do what needed to be done. I didn't sleep, but then I slept too much; I didn't eat or I ate too much; I cried at least once every single day. Writing has always been an outlet for me, and I'm sad to say that at that time it was a stressful thing for me to do. My brain wouldn't function to put anything into words. I'm truly sorry.

After re-evaluating, and having good friends and family who pushed me to get rid of the negativity in my life, I bring you this chapter. In some ways Riley has helped me through many things, I throw a lot of myself into her personality. I hope you guys love her just as much as I do ❤️
_______

(Riley's POV)

"Jensen the mutant." A chill runs up my spine, and I almost convulse when a hand touches my shoulder. "Surprised you're back in town."

I fully turn to face the person who is speaking, and see a rugged face that was once boyish. "Well, family will always bring you back. Even if you don't want to." My smile was forced, my fists were clenched in my jacket pockets. "You've changed, Andrew."

"Yeah, I guess you could say I have." Andrew rubs his goatee, now grown in and dark to match his hair. "You have too, from what I see on the news. Finally stopped being a scared little girl?"

"I've faced greater evil than you, I'm afraid." I let my expression turn to stone, not bothering to play nice anymore. "Last time I saw you, I was helpless, and you took advantage of that. Now there's nothing for you to take advantage of."

"You're still a girl. Plus, I must inform you that my friends have discovered your brother's old motorcycle sitting in the parking lot." I freeze, and my blood turns into ice. "It's still in good shape. I'd hate to ruin that wouldn't you?"

"Why? Why do you continue to pick on me?" I growl, taking a small step forward. "After all this years, you're still the same dickwad that was smoking cigarettes and selling drugs after school."

"I've gotten better at what I do. Nobody around here likes your kind, so I suggest you run on home." As soon as he finishes his sentence, I dart around him to run outside. When I do this, the guys standing around my brother's Harley start to kick and hit the bike with bats and crowbars.

"No!" I yell, bursting out the doors and slamming my shoulder into the first guy I see. The last thing I need is for everyone at the market to see my powers, let alone how far they can go. Luckily, training with Bucky and Steve has helped me gain some strength. Suddenly I'm surrounded.

The first one to land a punch is Andrew. I recognize the size of the fist after multiple times of being hit by it. Then a kick to the stomach knocks the breath out of me. As soon as the scuffle starts, it's over.

I stand from the gravel, and look to the motorcycle. It's still rideable, but scratched and dented beyond recognition. Ignoring everyone's stares, I climb onto the back, turn the key, and drive out of the parking lot.

So much for the peaches.

~

(Third Person POV)

"Tony! Tony wait up!" Steve hollers, watching the billionaire walk down the hall. He was fully expecting to have to run to catch up, but Tony stops in his tracks and whirls around.

"Why in the hell did you think it would be okay to bring him back? Huh? You knew how I felt about this! You knew I would say no and you did it behind my back!" Tony shouts, his face red and his eyebrows furrowed. "My own teammate went behind my back to bring back the man who seemed to have killed my father but I don't know anymore and I always know things, do you realize how much that hurts me Steve!"