Chapter Fifteen: The Son

AN: Hello there! I'm trying harder to upload more frequently, and to have longer chapters when I do upload. So sorry if some of you are eagerly anticipating the next chapter and it feels like forever! Senior year is a killer... :( Well, here goes another adventure with Riley!

PS: Go check out this website! It's called ambient-mixer.com and I just wrote this while listening to the sounds of Sam and Dean in the Impala. Another one of my favorites that's great to listen to when reading this is http://superhero.ambient-mixer.com/steve-s-room and it really feels like you're sitting in Steve Roger's bedroom with him having a lazy afternoon. Hope you enjoy!

_________________

(Riley's POV)

My eyes cut to Steve, and at the sight of his angry demeanor not being towards the boy, I relax. "If you're Isobel's son, then why are you here?" I question, looking the boy up and down. He doesn't seem hostile, but then again, he is exactly like the woman I met earlier.

The boy's attention moves from his feet to my presence, and gives me a confused look

The boy's attention moves from his feet to my presence, and gives me a confused look. "To talk about my mother. Why else would I be here?" He replies. "I want to help you find her."

I stand up and motion for Steve to follow me out of the room. Once we are out of earshot, I say, "If we find Isobel, we most likely find Pietro." The thought of having my speedster back is enough to jumpstart my heart into a hopeful pace.

"That's why I brought him here. He can tell us everything he knows."

Suddenly, the boy pokes his head out the door with a frown. "Unfortunately, I know nothing about my mother's whereabouts. That's where I thought you would be able to fill in the blanks for me, not the other way around." He explains, and I mentally smack myself.

"So you know nothing that can help us find her?" Steve demands, crossing his arms.

"Nada."

"Well, shit Steve. You brought someone into this building, thinking he could help, and now he's no good." I growl, and start to walk away. "Let me know if you pull your head out of your ass."

I don't bother to turn around and see Steve's face. Most likely, he's frowning, and that will make me feel guilty about what I said. Instead, I just keep walking until I reach the training room. Maybe punching something will help me take my anger out on something else.

"I heard about your meltdown, kid." I jump when I realize someone else is in the room. When I look to my left, I see Logan approaching me, fully suited up. "That don't excuse the others for the decision of locking you up."

"If you didn't agree, why didn't you do something about it?" I inquire, crossing my arms. "Why didn't you let me out?"

"Not my team, not my decisions." He answers. I roll my eyes and walk away. "If you want to do something about it, sparring won't help."