IV - Let's Spend Time Together

Although his surroundings were clear and vivid, the faces of the people surrounding him was still blurred and fuzzy.

Josh had finally accustomed himself to seeing that. He was in his second session of hypnosis the following weekend, and unlike the first one, his reason was different. Regaining his lost memories wasn't only to get rid of Zach in his life anymore. Josh wanted to know what Zach is in his life, and ow Zach changed from that innocent man to that man that exudes never-ending confidence.

Their classes for that day ended at around noon, and Josh was standing by hallway talking to a girl. Her speech was a bit incoherent in his memories, but Josh could easily figure out that he was flirting with that girl at that moment.

"I'm so sorry, am I interrupting?" Naomi said as she walked up to Josh and stood between him and the girl. "So, the welcome party for the freshmen..." The girl cleared he throat, sounding really annoyed. "Oh, you're still here." Naomi said sarcastically as she rolled her eyes. "Do you mind, we kind of have something important to talk about." She said with a fake smile.

"I'll text you." Josh said as the girl left, clearly annoyed.

"Seriously, don't." Naomi said. "Why do you always have bad eyes for women?" She complained. "And how come you become this sweet and caring guy when you flirt? It's so fake, it makes me want to puke." She added.

"I should at least be nice to ones I am dating. It makes them feel special if I'm only nice to them." Josh justified.

"So... fake." Naomi repeated as she rolled her eyes. "Anyway, fake-nice-guy, the welcome party for the freshman, what's your plan?"

"I have a test on Monday, so I think I'll pass." Josh said as they walk towards the club room.

"The party is on Saturday, and that test is a very short one. We have the same professor, remember?" Naomi said. "Just admit it, you have a date on Saturday. Is it with that girl?"

"What are you talking about, I don't have a date." Josh replied but Naomi only looked at him with raised eyebrow. "It's with another girl, not her."

"Oh my god..." Naomi said in a very cynical manner. "I swear, if you ditch this party for a date, I'm going to tell Professor Jepson." She threatened. "Then I'm going to tell the club president so he could multiply your workload so you can't sleep for the whole semester."

"Fine, I'll cancel the date, but I still don't feel like going to that party. I was only forced to attend last year because it's the initiation tradition for new members. You know I can't stand noisy places. And hate rowdy crowds as well."

"Yeah, it makes you even crankier than usual. Even so, you have to go, you need to socialize with the club members. Everyone is afraid of you, you know. Two weeks haven't even passed yet and majority of the freshman is already very scared of you. Well, except those who seems to be really attracted you, and that one who guy who I thinks only sees the good side of people." Naomi said.

"Really? Does a guy at this age still exists? I mean, we're in college, no one can be that naïve." Josh was really amazed. He was thinking that whoever that guy is must be someone really sheltered, someone who haven't seen the real world yet. "Who is that guy?"

"Isn't it obvious? It's that freshman who likes you... sorry, who likes your pictures." Naomi laughed. "It's Zach."

At that moment, Josh's memories became really fuzzy. He already knew it, but he was still hoping that he was mistaken. Things would only get more complicated for him, knowing that Zach is indeed part of his life. A part that he couldn't remember at all. And for that, he felt somewhat really guilty. Still, Josh couldn't find any reason why Zach would hinder his relationships. He still is curious why Zach is so keen on making him his.