Chapter 9 - Red Strings

The alarm clock went off ans woke me up and so did And Andrew. Today is Sunday and we don't have lessons. Today me and Andrew are gonna do a big research about this Edward guy. We've got all day. I got up put my wig and contacts on and got dressed. I'm treating to really hate this disguise.

Andrew got in a room that I've never seen the door until now. He took out some kind of a blackboard that's used to solve crimes in the police.

He wrote

'Edward Jones undercover as Alex Smith'

"That's the only thing we know so far." He said disappointed.

Then I took another pencil and wrote

'Brunette, with brown eyes. This year a senior '

"Now that's everything." I said.

"Okay so I'll stay here and research on the internet and you go find something. Year books of this school, maybe ask someone about him." And he sat on the chair next to the laptop.

"Great" and I got out of the room.

**************★***************

I went to the library first. I was searching for the book almost 2 hours. And at last I found it.

In the year book from last year and I was looking for Alex. A brunette with brown eyes. I found a guy named Alex Smith but he was 6 grade and he was blond. There was no Alex Smith that was a brunette. Then I looked around the library and finally found something. There was a big picture with little pictures in it and the pictures were from the seniors this year. Yes.

I took a pic on my phone and went back to my room.

Then on my way to the room I met my nerdy friends.

"Hey chipmunk. How are you?"
Lisa called

"How many times do I have to tell you not to call me that."

"Sorry."

"Hey um Mia I know you know everything about everyone in this school. Can you tell me something about Alex Smith, or say what classes are you with him or his periods?"

"Here." And she handed me a list "Do you need about someone else."

"Thanks. And no thanks I need only for him. Bye" and I turned around and ran to my room.

I was in shock when I came in. There were papers all over the floor. Then I saw that Andrew put some images on the board and there was a lot more written than before.

"Wow.. How did you..? Where did you...?" I was speechless.

"Oh.. Come on let me show you." He smiled and I came next to him. "So basically I don't know his face but I know a lot of things about him." He paused and pointed to a writing that said

'The biggest nerd in the school he has all the lessons that are available in this school.'

"What??" I couldn't believe my eyes. He's a nerd I mean undercover? "Do basically your saying that he's undercover as a nerd? Oh... Did you check his profile on the app on the TSA phone?"

"Yes. And nothing." He got to the laptop again and in the same time he asked "So what did you find?"

"A pic of him and his lessons."

"Great. Do we have some periods together?"

"Yes. I have Computers, History, Science and you have English, Maths and... He plays on your team? And you didn't know him?"

"We don't even talk, your asking how didn't I know him?"

'Okay. And what do you think, did I found something that helps us a lot? Huh."

"Not bad for a rookie."

"Excuse me. What did you just called me?" I got angry, really angry "I'm sorry but I'm a agent for 10 years now and I have as much experience as the whole association. And my record is filled with 'Mission completed' in it. And you call me rookie. I should call you rookie." I was furious. I could have killed him.

"Whoa. You scare me sometimes." Why does he always look so innocent and sweet. But he is. "Okay back to work." And we were silent for over 20 minutes.

"So what else did you find?" I asked after that awkward silence.

"I found out that he's lost his parents and all he has left is his uncle that made him then evil and all that has happened when he was 5 years old. He's been born in London and 3 years ago he traveled here and now he's living here."

"And you found all of this on the internet. How?"

"I have my own secrets. Just like you have yours, like the one that you can't admit that your crushing on me and that you think I'm hot." Wow did he somehow wrote my mind. I just like him. I don't have a crush on him. And yes he's hot, more adorable, but also hot.

"No. And what made you think that?" I lied like a boss. It's great, I'm learning fast.

"Okay never mind."

"Hey I found his uncle." I said in joy "He's name is Robert Cabrera. And here's a pict- wow he's hot"

Then Andrew started laughing uncontrollably. "You think he's hotter than me? Anyway he's 30 years older than you."

"Yes and I didn't even planed to be in a relationship with a psycho. Never gonna happened."

"Um.. Wait a second in this list it says that his uncle was his dad's brother. Shouldn't they have the same last name?"

"Yeah. Your right. I'm gonna see something if he's adopted or something like that."

************★*************

It was 11 pm already. We've been working for a whole day. And we need more information about this guy. The board was filled with red strings that means unsolved. Only one string was green and one was yelow. Green means solved and that was the picture of the kid and the name and undercover name. And yelow ment not sure and that was about the whole thing with the uncle.

We were tired time was flying. The room was a big mess. Strings everywhere, images, papers. We found some things about this kid but those were family issues and that didn't help. The good thing is that I'll meet him in class anyways I have to be crushing on neards so yeah, it will be great and I dozed off.

Will they find out a secret that Edward has been hiding so long?

Will they solve all those red strings?

Hope you enjoyed it

Update
25/07/15

Love,
Maggie and Sarah