Chapter 15 - Hehe Wolf!!!

A few days after we got our names, I decide to add the crossbow to my weapons. I walk into the training room with it and see confusion written across Estella's face when I fire it. "A crossbow?" She asks, "What possessed you to choose that over your ninja stars?" I look over to her and say, "I've only got two ninja stars, and I wanted a different weapon to use as well. This has more power and a longer range." I shrug and turn and shoot the various targets around the room, moving and still. I often switch between bolts and arrows but effortlessly reload and fire. "You've been practicing," she says, nodding, she's impressed. I shoot the last bolt and it misses the target. "Missed!" Calls Thea triumphantly, and smiles as she swings her mace on her shoulder, an ugly thing really. "Good eye, Falcon," Estella says, clapping slowly, then straightening up and saying, "Come on you pair, were having an early start tomorrow morning. Pack up your weapons, girls, and we'll call it a night, okay?" We mumble our agreement and I wander over to pick out the arrows and bolts. Some of the skin on my fingers begin to come off as I do. When I walk back over to them, Estella is rubbing her hands together and says," And on a happy note, lets all go and get some sleep." We wander back to the house and when I get to my room, I pull out a lined book, my everything book. I decide to write a song. I decide to make a song about abusive relationships, I don't know why though. I call it "I tried". I start to hum the tune but my eyelids become heavy. I slip the book under my pillow and snuggle under the blanket. I trace the chunky line on my hip, it's almost fully healed now. I close my eyes and sleep.
---•---•---•---•---•---

I hear a loud knock. Either someone's failing at cooking or someone is at the door. I look at the clock, 6am. WHO THE HELL WOULD BE UP AT THIS TIME OF THE BLOODY MORNING??!?!? I poke my head out of the door frame and see Estella walking past and waving at me to go back to bed. She bolts down the stairs and I hear her open the door. I hear her ask, "Do you want me to take this?" I don't hear a response so I creep down the stairs. I see Estella take an envelope of the neck of a wolf. Hehe Wolf... WOLF?! She whispers, "No, it can't be," tearing the top of te envelope, "But... maybe?" She coughs and begins to read. She looks up at the wolf and smiles at it. "Well it's nice to meet you Biowolf. As you might have guessed.... I'm Raven." I walk out to her and she hands me the note without looking at me. I take the note and read it. Wyong. I WANT TO GO, I WANT TO GO! So I'm guessing this is "Acrobolt". So he's with Green Arrow. I finally get to meet the Crime Lords, or what used to be the Crime Lords. I laugh, and Ese turns her head to me. "Brilliant," I say, grinning, "You can introduce me to your boyfriend when we get there Ese." She scowls at me, "He's not my boyfriend." I grin harder, "Yet." She sighs and turns to the wolf, "Tell the boys that we'll meet up in three days, and that they should expect us after midday. We'll wear our colours, but not our costumes, to blend in with the crowd." She grins. Thea wander over and stands next to me. Estella says to her, "That will also give us time to start our little... project." She stands straight then begins to close the door but stops, "Oh, before anything else happens, girls, apparently this is Biowolf. If one of you remember that, it would be great, since there's no chance I will at this rate." The wolf huffs and wags his tail, then jumps off the porch and runs into the trees. Estella turns to us and closes the door. Thea is reading the note as I look over her shoulder to re-read the note. "Right, we begin after breakfast, and we need to find out as much as we can before we go." Thea looks up at her, "You really trust this note, Estella?" She bites her lip, "No, not really. But on the chance that it is true, I'm going to go along with it until otherwise proven wrong. We'll bring weapons, though, just in case this is a trap. But.... I need this to be real." She looks down at her stomach and walks past us. She turns when she gets to the end of the hall, "I'm hungry. You pair up for breakfast?" We nod excitedly and I bolt past Estella and slide into the kitchen. I pull out eggs and bacon out of the fridge. I grab a pan and put it on the stove. I flick the stove on and look up at Estella and Thea, "What?" They shake the head in unison and Estella says, "I didn't know you could cook." I giggle and crack the eggs into the pan. "Of course I can cook, I'm not useless." I place the bacon in the pan and put the lid on top. The smell emanating from within five minutes is amazing. I get out three plates and put enough of everything on them, also placing two pieces of toast on each. I hand the plates to them with a knife and fork and say, "Bon appetite!" They take the plates gratefully and sit at the table and dig in. Their murmurs of appreciation through mouthfuls of food come often. I also take a bite out of my food and it tastes awesome. Soon we are all finished and I clean up all the dishes. Afterwards, we quickly head to the study to begin our plan.