OF - Chapter 5

Unedited chapter  

Chapter 5

The deafening sound of my alarm clock by my bed filled the silence in my room, making me want to grab a hold of it and throw it across the room. But I couldn't do it because unlike my room in our last house, instead of having a small window on the wall, my wall itself is made glass doors that lead to the balcony facing the pool. And I would be grounded for more than just a week this time if I broke the glass. 

As soon as I had shut off the alarm clock, I lazily got up to my feet and dragged myself out of my room When I looked at the wide mirror in the hallway, I stopped and examined myself before moving on to the bathroom. My dark hair is messily tied up into a bun and my face was filled with pillow marks so generally, I look like a total mess. 

I gave out a groan to myself.

I continued to walk through the hallway and I passed Troy's room with the door wide open.

Seeing him on his bed sleeping like a baby tempted me to go back to my bed and skip school but I really shouldn't. But as much as I wanted to, I really don't want to miss out on my first day of being a Senior student. Besides, I even volunteered to give April a ride to school so I wouldn't want to keep her waiting.

Troy's still a sophomore and our schedules are different. I have to get to school an hour earlier than him.

Just as I was stripping off my clothes in the bathroom, the doorbell rang. I cursed before grabbing my Red bathrobe and making my way downstairs. 

Thankfully, it was just April and not one of Troy's perverted friends or else I'd be getting my butt teased when they see me only wearing a robe when I let them in. 

She gave me a weak smile before entering and I took the time to look at her outfit when she was making her way to the couch. She was wearing a mini black and white dress matched with a thick plain white belt, a pair of black boots reaching above her knees, and her usual wavy brown hair with blonde streaks in front were curled halfway up.

"I thought the uniform rule was effective this year?" I asked as I closed the front door. 

"I heard a lot of students would be going to school wearing civilian clothes today so I am too. Besides, the new uniform sucks anyway," she said with a disgusted expression. She tilted her head looking at me with her fierce eyes.

"Why aren't you dressed yet?" she asked.

  "I just woke up," I answered. 

"Are you planning on being late?" she asked roughly.

I can't help but notice her unpleasant mood today. She's never been this unhappy in the morning before. Infact, she's always so cheerful, I tend to forget that she gets bad days too. 

I scowled at her before heading back to the bathroom upstairs. One thing's for sure: April's bad mood is very contagious. She really knows how to ruin a person's mood too. But her acting like that is very rare. 

I stripped off my robe, turned on the showers, then stepped in. The frigid water making contact with my warm skin made me shiver. 

After a few minutes of taking a bath, I went straight to my room to get dressed. I had a mini debate on whether to obey school rules by wearing my uniform, or imitate April's example because honestly, I also hate the idea of having a school uniform. 

I was going for the new uniform but then, I noticed the dress April bought me last year hanging just by the uniform. I wanted to at least make her feel better today so I reached for that one instead, forgetting about the possible consequences.  Hurrying down the stairs, I didn't bother to leave a note or anything for Troy or my parents. I just grabbed my car keys and went off with April.