OF - Chapter 2

Unedited chapter

Chapter 2

I woke up the next morning feeling incomplete, yet feeling good about myself. When I checked the time, it was only 7:30am. Troy wouldn't wake up in another hour or two so I decided to get up and make some breakfast for him.

I went to the kitchen to see if I have the ingredients to anything I can cook which is none other than pancakes. I couldn't cook eggs or bacons or hotdogs properly, just pancakes. There were eggs in the fridge but that was all.

I searched the kitchen for more but I didn't think that was enough to satisfy our breakfast. I had to dress up in new clothes to get some more ingredients but when I got back, thats when I noticed that there weren't even a single stove in our cabin. All excitement that was in me are now gone.

Pancakes are Troy's favorite breakfast and I couldn't fix him a couple today. Then I remembered the pizzas he ordered for me yesterday so I hurried to the fridge, took out a box, and started heating it one by one in the microwave. As soon as it was done, I rearranged the pieces in the box forming a circle.

I brought it out to the living room just as I heard Troy coming out from his bedroom.

"Hey," I greeted as he walked by.

"Hey," he responded without even a glance. He just walked straight to the kitchen and started scanning the fridge.

"I have pizzas here for breakfast," I said.

"Good for you," Troy said when he shut the fridge with nothing and went to the bathroom.

Wow. He's giving me the cold shoulder. I guess he's really pissed. Or really hurt. How stupid of me. Of course he's pissed. After what happened at the beach yesterday, what do you expect?

With a big sigh, I dropped myself on the couch and stared blankly at the TV when I felt a phone vibrating on my butt. I stood up in surprise and noticed that it was Troy's phone. The caller isn't registered on his phone though.

"Troy, your phone's going off on the couch!" I called to him.

"Ignore it!" He called back from the bathroom.

"Why are you taking so long?" I asked when I noticed.

"Does it really matter?" he answered.

"Urgh I gotta pee," I said burying my face on my hands.

He took what felt like another minute in the bathroom and I really have to go now.

I stood up from the couch, walk towards the bathroom and knocked. "Dude I gotta pee!" I said.

No answer.

"Hey! hurry up!" I called again knocking continuously. "Troy!" I was crossing my legs now. Oh my God. "Troy," I tried to keep calm. "My legs are crossed now," I said. No reply. "Troy, please?"

The door unlocked and Troy walked past me looking down.

I hurried up to the bathroom and did my business.  

***  

I busted into Troy's room and found him laying in bed. Reading a book. Crying. That's a big surprise. I walked to him and sat on his bed.

"Dude, why're you crying?" I asked wiping the tears off of his face.

He didn't answer.

"Oh come one, Troy, you're 17, you're a guy. You don't cry about books."

"Its not about the book!" he snapped. I was very surprised. "After what happened yesterday, you still have the guts to talk to me like nothing happened? Like I didn't ask you that question? Like you said "NO" when I asked you? What the hell, Telly," he said before standing up and walking out.