Sweet 16

Chapter 17
( 2 weeks later )
Finns pov :
Its been 2 weeks since my accident and 2 weeks since Rachel and I decided to date . Today is her 16th birthday and I have to hbfigure out a way to make it special . Her dads are always away so usally she spends it with our family . This year though I want to do something special . I know Rachel misses her mom so I'm determined to find her and invite her to Rachels sweet 16 . I've been looking through some boxs and finally I found a name, Shelby Corcoran. So I decided to look her up on Facebook and what I found was a woman that looked exactly like Rachel and I knew it was her . I smiled and saw she lived in Lima and taught at Carmel High School so I decided to visit. I was at my locker getting ready to go to Carmel when I saw Rachel she looked sad . I came behind her and wrapped my arms around her and said , "Happy Sweet 16 sweetie. " She smiled and turned around and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Hi." She said. "What wrong? " I asked concerned. "Nothing its just my dads aren't coming home for my birthday. " She said. "Well thats why your spending it with me ." I told her . "I know I just wish that they didn't have to miss this one I mean its my 16th birthday its like a land mark in my life. " She said holding my hand as we walked . I felt really bad so I said , "I know but you have me and my mom and the glee club ." She smiled and said, "Your right I do. So anyway whats the plan for tonight?" She asked me. "Not telling but I'll pick you up at your house at six and dress fancy ." I told her. "Okay. " She said. "I'll see you tonight okay?" I said. "Where are you going ?" She asked. I smirked, "Not telling ." I said and then kissed her on the cheek and left . 1 hour later I pulled up to Carmel got out of the car and went into the auditorium. I walked into the auditorium and watched as Vocal Adrenaline the glee club performed and when they were done someone said , "Okay you guys were good but you need to be great . " They looked at her like she was an alien , "Do I really have to show you?" She asked but they were silent . "Fine . " She said and then walked onto the stage as they sat down and said , "Funny Girl E flat ." She told the band and they started . When she finished everyone clapped for her and I knew that was Rachels mom . After they all left I came down to the stage and said, "Ms.Corcoran? " She looked at me and said , "Can I help you?" She asked me. "Yeah my name is Finn Hudson I know your daughter Rachel Berry. " She looked at me suprised, "I'm sorry I don't have a daughter. " She said. She was about to leave when I stopped her . "I know you do , she was born on December 13th this very day and today is her sweet 16 . " I told her. She looked at me and said, "How is she ?" She asked me. I smiled, "She's amazing ." I told her. She sat there with me silent and then said , "I was 20 when I gave Rachel up there was an ad in the paper , her parents seemed like a nice couple so I figured why not I needed the money and I couldn't take care of a little girl . Little did I know it would be my only chance . " She said. "Ya know were having a party for her tonight at Breadsticks at 6 if you want you can come . " I said. "Thats sweet but I don't know. " She said. "Please , Rachel has always wanted to meet you I know it would mean a lot to her." I said. She thought for a moment and said , "I'll try." She told me. "Thank you." I said. I was about to leave when she said, "Finn ?" She asked "Yeah?" I said. "Do you have a picture of her ?" She asked me . I smirked took my wallet out and handed her a picture. She smiled , "She's gorgeous. " She said. "She looks exactly like you. " I told her. "Thank you ." She said. "Your welcome Shelby and I hope you come tonight. " I said and then left.

(6 o'clock )
Rachels pov :
I came downstairs when the doorbell rang and opened the door . I smiled at my amazing boyfriend and said , "Hey." He smiled in his suit and tie and said , " Wow ." I blushed , "Is it to fancy?" I asked . "No, you look stunning ." He said. I smiled and said , "Thank you." He gave me Lillies and said , "These are for you." I smirked , "Lillies my favorite, thank you." I said and kissed him. "So are you ready birthday girl?" He asked . "For what?" I asked. "For the suprise of a lifetime." He said. I chuckled, "As long as I'm with you I'm ready for anything." I said and we left . 30 minutes later we pulled up to breadsticks and walked inside the lights were out and then suddenly everyone popped out and yelled , "SUPRISE! " I smiled and said, "Oh my god you guys!" And hugged everyone. "Happy birthday sweetie! " Carol, Finns mom said. I smiled and said , "Thank you." I then felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw a brunette woman that looked exactly like me and said , "Hi are you Rachel?" She asked me. "Yes." I said a little confused about what was going on. "Hi I'm Shelby Corcoran. " She said and I shook her hand . "Nice to meet you can I help you with something though?" I asked. "Actually I just wanted to wish my daughter a happy birthday. " She said. My heart froze, "Rachel I'm your mom." She told me. Sam then ran by and yelled ,"Suprise!" Shooting off a little confeti popper.