I've Dreamed a Dream

Chapter 19
( Monday )
Rachels pov :
I was at my locker when Finn came up to me and put his hands infront of my eyes and said , "Guess who?" I smirked and said , "Sam is that you?" I asked joking. He chuckled,"Guess again" He said and spun me around . I put my hands on his chest , "Oh its just you. " I said acting dissapointed. He gave me the puppy dog face, "What you don't like me anymore?" He asked me. "No of course I do. " I said. "Prove it ." He told me. "Well if you ansist." I said and kissed him passionatly. "Better ?" I asked. "Better." He said with his famous half smile. I smiled and then he said, "So how was you weekend?" He asked. "Well it was bitter-sweet. " I said. "How so?" He asked. "Well my mom showed up out of the blue and crashed my party but then we started to talk. " I said. "And?" He asked. "And thank you because without you I wouldn't have met her ." I said. He smiled and kissed me ,"Well your very welcome." He told me. I smiled slightly and then he noticed something was wrong, "What is it?" He asked me. "Nothing." I said. "Rach I know you better than you know yourself now what's bothering you?" He asked me. "Nothing its just what if the woman I imagined to be my mother is nothing like I thought. What if she's this terrible person that hates everyone and everything and gave me up for drugs or something ." I said. He smiled and began to chuckle. "Its not funny Finn what if Shelby isn't anything like I expected . " I said . "What if she is though I mean Rachel she's your mother after all." He pointed out . "So." I said . "So you that means that you got half of everything from her , your laugh , your eyes , your hair , your beautiful smile. " He said . I smiled and then he said , "And if worse comes to worse and she is a drug dealer than hey your mom is badass." He joked. "Its not funny." I told him smiling . "I know but hey I got you to smile." He said . I smiled and then he said , "But on a serious note you've got to give her a chance, let her explain herself you might be surprised. " He said . I smiled gave him a hug and said , "I'll see you later." I told him . "Where are you going ?" He asked me . "The auditorium. I need to go think ." I said and then left .

(Rachel walks onto the the stage and music begins to play and Shelby comes out)
Shelby :
I dreamed a dream in time gone by
When hope was high and life worth living
I dreamed that love would never die
I dreamed that God would be forgiving
(Rachel)
Then I was young and unafraid
And dreams were made and used and wasted
There was no ransom to be paid
No song unsung, no wine untasted ..
( both)
But the tigers come at night (but the tigers come at night)
(Shelby)
With their voices soft as thunder
(Both)
As they tear your hope apart (as they tear your hope apart)
As they turn your dream to shame
(Rachel)
And still I dream she'll come to me
That we will live the years together
But there are dreams that cannot be
And there are storms we cannot weather
(Both)
I had a dream my life would be
So different from this hell I'm living
So different now from what it seemed
Now life has killed the dream I dreamed
(End song )
I took a breath and looked at Shelby , "You came."

..........................
Hey Guys its me Natalie so I just wanted to let you know that my new orginal book called Follow Your Arrow is up on my page so please check it out and let me know what you think .
Xoxoxo
Natalie