Chapter Twelve

(Toxic's POV)
"A-Adrenaline...? What the hell are you doing here?!"

I thought I had gone somewhere no one would go. Sadly, someone still found me.

"I'm looking for you." Adrenaline said to me. "We were getting so worried, so I came after you."
"Wait, you're alone?!" I freaked out. "That's pretty much suicide!!"
"I don't care!" She teared up. "I did it to find you!"
I threw my arms around my friend and started sobbing.
"I'm so sorry I ran away! I just needed to get away! I wanted to avenge Chase!" I said in between sobs. Adrenaline hugged me back.
"Let's go home." Adrenaline pulled away. She smiled at me through tears.
"Okay." I sniffed and wioed away my tears.

We walked outside to her car, only to be confronted by a couple Draculoids.
"Get in the car!!" Adrenaline yelled at me as she pulled her ray gun from it's holster.
"But-"
"Get in the goddamn car!!" She yelled as she fired at the Dracs.
I ran into the passenger seat of the car. I buried my face in my knees and arms and started to cry again.

For a long time, all I could hear was was the blast of ray guns. It suddenly went quiet. I jerked up to see Adrenaline walking back over to the car. The Dracs lay scattered on the ground. She opened the driver seat. The engine turned over, and she drove back towards Zone 6.
"Adrenaline...." I said softly.
"Yeah, what is it?" She turned to look at me.
"Your forehead..." I looked at the blood that ran down the side of her forehead. Adrenaline looked in the review mirror. She reached up and wiped away a bit of the blood.
"I'll deal with it when we get back."

《TIME SKIP》

We arrived back at the diner at about 2 am. We went inside, to see everyone sitting around the booths.
"Toxic!!" Agent ran over to me and hugged me tightly. "I'm sorry!!"
"You're fine. Let's go home. I'm exhausted." I smiled at my friend. "See ya guys later!" I called as we walked back home.