Charter Two

( Skylar's POV)
I handed Cora the needle and thread she asked for. She unwinded about 8 inches of thread. She treaded it through the needle. I closed my eyes as she stiched her bad eye shut forever.
"You can open them up" Cora said resting a hand on my shoulder. Her jet black hair now covered the right side of her pale face.
"I-I-I'm so sorry...." I said as tears streamed down my face. Cora reached over and wiped away my tears with a trembling hand. "Why don't we put in one of your CDs?"
"S-sure..." I handed her my bag.
"Green Day 'Dookie', Green Day 'Nimrod', or The Offspring 'Smash'?" She said as she looked at my three albums.
"How about 'Dookie'?" Chase asked. Cora about handed him the disk and he popped it in the player. We all sat in silence as "Burnout" started to play.

Before I knew it, I had passed out. When I awoke, we were out somewhere in Zone 6. The sign in the window read "Way-back Rock Shop". Chase parked around back. We unloaded and headed inside. I went in first, and held my ray gun at the ready. Our luck must've come back. No Dracs in sight. Cora and I ran upstairs to an apartment. I sat down on a bed with red and black sheets. The room was a little mismatched, it probably belonged to two siblings at different age groups.
Cora and I both layed down to rest while Chase went out to Zone 4 to meet some friends.

That night, Chase still hadn't come home. Cora and I ran downstairs when we heard a car approach. It was the car Chase had hot wired, but his friend Nathan was driving. We ran outside to greet him.
"Nathan, where's Chase?" I asked getting paranoid. Instead of responding, he just tossed us the keys. He turned around and muttered something.

We never heard from him again.