Chapter 19

Arielle's P.O.V.

      We walked through the door to our suite. It was just as beautiful as the one in Amsterdam. There were leather couches and a fireplace on the wall in the living room. The kitchen's counters were marble and there was a small chandelier above the kitchen table. We seem to be too spoiled. We will only stay here for two nights.

I looked down at Nat and saw her admiring the room around her. I grinned. This is probably the most surreal thing for her.

"Are you hungry?" I asked her. She nodded. I took out my phone and ordered pizza. I then walked with her to the couch to watch a movie.

We watched one about a group of boys that don't remember anything and have to survive on their own in a place they don't know about. There were these giant mechanical spider things that were trying to kill everyone and they had to run through this maze to get out. It's a pretty good movie.

It was close to the end and everyone was fighting the creatures. One jumped out of nowhere and a booming voice sounded from behind us. We both nearly fell out of our seats.

"Hello!" Harry shouted as he swung the door open.

"You scared the bejeezus out of us!" I said, trying to catch my breath.

"Sorry." he replied with a grin. "Who's this?"

"The name's Natalie. Nat for short." she replied without any explanation as to why she was sitting on our couch. 

"She didn't have a place to go for the night, so she's staying here. Oh, and you're sleeping on the couch." I explained for her with a grin.

"Alright fine. Only if you make breakfast in the morning." he said stubbornly. I agreed and took Nat to her room. 

"Do you need anything else?" I asked her after she had changed into pajamas and climbed into bed.

"No. Thanks for letting me sleep here." she replied.

"It's no trouble. Goodnight." I smiled a turned the lights off, closing the door behind me. I made my way to my room, where Liam was laying on the bed with his laptop on his chest. I crawled under the sheets next to him.

"Hey babe." he said, closing his laptop and putting it away. He then laid on his side so the tips of our noses were inches apart.

"Hi." I smiled. I just can't get over how perfect he is. I have seen very few flaws in him in the whole four years I had known him.

"How's Nat?" he asked quietly.

"She's good. But I don't know what to do. I have to help her. Her home isn't safe. She's such a nice girl and I don't want to put her through foster care. She deserves a family."

"We'll figure it out. She can stay with us tomorrow night and we will see if she has any family anywhere for her to stay with."

I nodded and pecked him on the lips. I cuddled into his side and fell asleep.

------------------

"Ari!" I awoke to Harry's voice calling my name.

"What?" I called back groggily.

"You said you'd make breakfast!" he whined. I groaned and rolled out of bed, making my way to the kitchen. 

I walked past the living room to see Harry and Nat sitting on the couch, watching the television on the wall. 

"Do pancakes sound good?" I asked them. They both looked at me and nodded. 

I started making the pancakes and listened to Harry and Nat talking. She was saying how she loves playing soccer, which Harry jokingly argued is called futbol. He is such a twelve year-old sometimes, which I guess makes it easier for him and Nat to bond.

     I placed the pancakes on the table and called for them to eat. They jumped over the back of the couch at the speed of lightning and pushed each other out of the way in order to get to the table first. I laughed as they violently stabbed at the stack of pancakes in the center of the table, trying to get one on their plates. 

"What is this, the Hunger Games?" Liam said from the living room. He was standing by the couch, trying to rub the sleepiness from his eyes. Everyone let out a laugh.

"I'd offer you some pancakes, but they've been obliterated." I said, walking to his side. He smirked and gave me a hug.

"I'll just have a coffee." He kissed my forehead and headed towards the kitchen.

"So what do you guys have to do today?" Nat asked through a mouth full of pancakes. 

"Not much, but starting tomorrow, almost every day will be a new city." Liam said. Nat just nodded. I could see the worry she was trying to hide in her eyes. She doesn't have a place to go once we leave here.

"Hey Nat, could you come with me for a moment?" I asked her. She got up and I led her to her room. 

"What?" she asked, having a sharp tone in her voice. I've noticed that she gets this way when she's scared.

"We just need to talk." I said softly, sitting on the bed and patting the space next to me for her to sit down. Once she had, I continued.

"Do you have any family besides your parents that you know of?" 

"No. Both of my parents don't have any siblings, at least not any they've told me about. My grandparents that I've met have passed. My parents don't talk about family very often, so I'm not sure of any other relatives I may have."

"Okay. We'll figure something out. I just want you to know that whatever happens, I care about you. You are not deserving of living in the kind of home you are. Nobody is. Foster care is much, much better than being abused every day. It's also better than living in the streets of a foreign country." I took her hand and looked into her eyes, really trying to make her understand my sincerity.

"You're going to send me to foster care?" she looked at me with such a deep sadness that a tear slipped from my eye.

"I'm not saying that. I just want to let you know that if that's the only option, I'm doing it for your good. I honestly care about you and you can't grow up on your own in these streets." I said, choking back tears. She looked at her lap, probably doing the same thing. I carefully wrapped my arms around her and pulled her into a hug. I could hear her quiet hiccups of sobbing and felt a tear on my shoulder.

"It'll be okay. I promise." I whispered into her ear. We sat in the embrace for a while, until she pulled away and wiped her face.

"I'm sorry." she said. "I don't usually cry like this."

"No, it's perfectly fine. You are one tough cookie. You have been through more pain than most people will in their entire life. I don't know how you can not cry. Makes me feel like a wimp." I smirked. "Maybe I should take a page out of your book and suck it up."

She let out a little laugh. 

"Hey, what do you say we go shopping? I'll call Perrie and Eleanor because I bet they want to go too." I said. She nodded and I left her to clean up a little and call the girls.