Chapter 16

Arielle's P.O.V.

It was the last day in Amsterdam.

Liam and I have spent the last few days shopping and touring the beautiful streets. I'm so incredibly grateful that I have him back.

I sat in my hotel room, staring at the clothes I took out of my suitcase. Liam said that he had a surprise planned for me and to go out to the limo at six o'clock. He gave no hints or details of what this might mean, so I have no idea what to wear.

After about five minutes of scanning the layout of clothing and trying on a few things, I finally decided on a casual blue dress and wedges. I straightened my hair and wore simple makeup. I looked over at my clock which read 6:00, so I sprang up and rushed downstairs to the limo. I had never been so excited for a date before. Niall was quite romantic, but didn't plan a lot of surprises like this.

When I reached the Limo, Liam greeted me with a smile. He was wearing a tux and held out a rose. I took it and smiled ear to ear. He opened the limo door for me and I slid in. He then closed the door and went around to the other door and sat next to me.

"You look beautiful." he grinned.

"Not too bad yourself." I smiled back. "So where are we going?"

"It's a surprise." he said and held my hand.

We drove off, and I almost couldn't stand my excitement. Each second I got more and more anxious. I like surprises, but waiting is always the hard part. The limo drove on for about fifteen minutes until it parked next to a sidewalk. Liam got out and ran around to the other side to help me out. I took his hand gratefully and stepped out.

We were in a simple town, shops lining the sidewalks that were filled with people talking and laughing as they walked. Liam took my hand and led me into a shop. I smiled when I realized what he was doing.

We were in a bike shop. I had mentioned to him before that I loved how so many people here rode bikes to get places. He walked up to the counter and rented a tandem bike. I smiled so wide I thought I would explode. He walked the bike outside and I followed close behind.

"Ms. Strong," he said after he got on the front seat of the bike. He held his hand out and helped me onto the bike behind him. I giggled and hugged him from behind.

We spent the next half an hour riding through the streets of Amsterdam. I held on to him for the majority of the time. We talked and laughed. It was the best time of my life.

Eventually we parked the bike near a lake.

"Would you like to go for a boat ride?" he asked. I smiled brightly and nodded.

We got into a canoe and sat to face each other. Flower petals floated through the air around us and decorated the water below us. The sun was going down, painting the beautiful picture in the sky similar to the one I saw when we landed in the plane here.

Liam placed his hands on the paddles and started rowing. I was moving backwards, watching as we moved under a bridge and past the shops. I couldn't believe this was happening. My dream date was actually happening.

"How did you know that this is what I always wanted?" I asked.

"A boat ride?" Liam questioned.

"And a bike ride, in Amsterdam, with the person I love" I smiled.

"Lucky guess on the boat ride" he smiled and leaned forward to kiss me.