Chapter 20

Arielle's P.O.V

Knock Knock

I opened the door to see Perrie and El greeting me with a smile.

"Hey Ari!" El said. 

"Hey guys, come on in." I smiled and stood aside, closing the door behind them.

"Nat!" I called from the living room. I had explained the situation with her to Perrie and El about ten minutes before they got to our suite.

Her bedroom door opened and she walked out, confidently. 

"Hi Nat! I'm Eleanor and this is Perrie." El said. Nat grinned politely.

"We've got a limo waiting outside for us, so let's go!" Perrie said excitedly. We all nodded and filed out of the room and down the stairs.

     As soon as we sat in the limo, Perrie and El started talking on and on with Nat. Something about the boys' shows. I would know more about the conversation, but I was too distracted thinking about what to do with Nat. We are leaving tomorrow morning for another country, and we can't just take her with us. Her parents are probably looking for her and if we flew her to another country, it would be considered kidnapping. I know I have to report her case to the CPS, but I know how heartbroken she would be if I sent her to foster care. 

"Ooh, we're here!" Perrie said, interrupting my thoughts and getting out of the limo. We all followed suit and entered the doors to the mall. We turned into a store and Perrie and El lead us through it. They picked out a ton of clothes and threw them at Nat, telling her to try them on. Most outfits were a T-shirt and a pair of jeans, which all looked amazing on her. She strut out of the dressing room in each one, posing at the end of her walk. We all laughed and cheered. 

There was one final outfit to show and when she walked out of the dressing room, my jaw dropped. She had on a silky green dress with the same shade of lace lining the top and covering her shoulders. With it, she had on a pair of brown sandals. Her jet black hair fell past her shoulders and her dress complimented her hazel eyes. She looked grown up, and that made me tear up a little. I knew it was ridiculous because I only knew her for a day and a half, but we have grown so close over that short time. I had seen her tough side, heard her heartbreaking story, and held her while she cried. Now I see her in a different way, a young lady. She smiled widely with her bright white teeth and I smiled as well, holding my tears back. I felt like a mother, seeing her daughter go to prom or starting high school.

That was a strange idea, being a mother. I don't think I can be responsible for another human being. 

But then again, maybe I can.

----------------------

Liam's P.O.V

I was sitting on the couch watching some television when the lock of the door clicked and in came Arielle, nobody following her.

"Hey babe." I said. "Where's Nat?"

"She went out to dinner with Perrie and Eleanor." she said, walking to the couch and sitting next to me. She stared off a little, seeming preoccupied with whatever was in her head.

"What are you thing about?" I asked. Her eyes focused on mine and she said it was nothing, but I could tell that wasn't true. I looked into her eyes, trying to silently communicate that I know something is wrong.

"Okay fine." she said, turning her whole body towards me and taking my hand. "I had an idea today, but it's silly." she shook her head and looked at her lap.

"You can tell me." I said softly.

"We were in the mall today and Nat came out of the dressing room in this gorgeous dress and I-" She stopped, holding back tears. " I-I want to be her mother. I want to adopt her." She looked at me, tears escaping from her eyes and rolling down her cheeks.

I sat there for only a moment, in shock of what she just told me. I didn't think it was ridiculous, but I also didn't know how we could make it work. We were constantly traveling and raising a 12-year-old wouldn't be easy.

"It's okay, honey." I said, wiping her cheeks with my thumbs and pulling her into my chest. "I don't think it's ridiculous."

"You don't?" she asked, pulling away and looking at me. I held her hands between mine.

"No. It wouldn't be easy, but if you want it, we can make it work. I think she's a great girl and I would be honored to be her father." At the word 'father', my voice faltered a little. That idea scared me, but I also kind of liked it.

She smiled widely at me and cuddled into my side.

"I love you." she whispered.

"I love you too." I said back.