Chapter 3

Arielle's P.O.V

        I woke up the next morning in Liam's guest bedroom. I stretched out and felt relaxed for a moment, before the events of the night before hit me like a ton of bricks.

     I quietly walked to the bathroom in case Liam was still asleep. The moment I opened the door, my reflection caught my eye. I looked like a raccoon with my eyeliner and mascara smudged around my eyes that were puffy and red from crying. I had forgotten to put my makeup bag in my purse and I didn't have a hairbrush to tame the rat's nest my hair was in. The only things I brought with me were my cell phone, my purse (which only contained my wallet with $20 in it and some chapstick, along with a bunch of useless crap such as old receipts.) and the clothes I was wearing. I began to rinse my face off in the sink, but quickly gave in to my lack of patience caused by the horrible mood I was in.

        Screw it . I thought and left the bathroom.

        I headed towards the kitchen where Liam was sitting, drinking some coffee and reading the paper. It's moments like these that inspired us to call him 'Daddy Direction'

    "Good morning." he said, sounding groggy but polite. That's the thing about Liam, he is always polite even if he's furious, or in this case, heartbroken. The angriest I have seen him was when Louis broke some trophy he won when he was a kid, and all he did was raise his voice and call him a dim-whit, then immediately apologized and acted like he was the bad guy. That's why he was always one of my favorites.

Besides Niall....

No don't think about him.

"Good morning Li." I said with a warm smile. He looked just as bad as I did, but at least he changed clothes.

"Would you like some breakfast?" he asked, getting up from his chair.

"I would, but I am more than capable of making it myself, Liam. Sit back down." I giggled and turned for the kitchen.

"You're my guest and I'm making you breakfast." he insisted.

        I crossed my arms and stood in front of him, shifting my weight on one leg. He mimicked me and I laughed. 

"Fine." I hit his chest playfully and went to sit on the couch.

------------

        After we finished our breakfasts, I told Liam that I had to go back to the house to collect my things. He offered to come with me but I told him that I should go by myself and I'd call him if I needed anything.

        I arrived at my used-to-be-home, which was about 5 minutes away from Liam's house. 

       Niall's car was in the driveway. I just hoped Bailee wasn't in there. I might not be able to control myself and I cannot show Niall any jealousy. He's the one that broke my heart and I shouldn't be jealous of that idiotic girl who looked like Barbie with her many layers of make-up and tiny clothes that cheated on Liam and went for an engaged man. She's obviously more insecure than I am. I took a deep breath and got out of my car.