Chapter 14

Arielle's P.O.V

I was sitting on the plane to Amsterdam next to Harry.

Liam hasn't talked to me since last night. The most I had gotten from him was a glance. I was really hoping that I didn't completely screw up our relationship but at the same time, maybe breaking up was for the best. Him and Niall need to be able to be in the same room together without wanting to hurt each other and that won't happen with me around.

Harry tapped my shoulder and I looked up to see a flight attendant looking at me expectantly.

"I'm sorry, what was that?" I asked awkwardly. I guess I got so lost in thought I didn't hear her.

"Would you like some peanuts?" she repeated.

"Yes please." I said gratefully and took them.

"You okay?" Harry said after the lady left.

"I'm fine. Just thinking." I said casually.

"About what?"

"Everything."

He nodded and leaned back in his chair and fell asleep. After a few minutes, so did I.

---------------------------------------------------------

I awoke with a start and gasped, thinking the plane was crashing. Turns out, it was just landing. I calmed down and poked Harry to wake him up after the plane was almost ready to let people off. He could sleep through anything.

After a few pokes and a slap in the arm, he awoke.

"Time to get off the plane." I said.

He mumbled something under his breath and stretched before getting up.

We grabbed our carry-ons and got off the plane. My jaw dropped when I saw the scene around me. Pink and white flower petals were floating through the air gracefully and the air smelled sweet. The sky was a beautiful pink from the sunset, making everything else around me have a particularly beautiful glow.

This is why I always wanted to come to Amsterdam. It was so romantic. I used to imagine going on a boat ride and tandem bike riding here with someone I love.

That thought made my mouth snap shut. I wanted to share this setting with Liam.

I'm okay. I told myself. This will still be a great week.

In a few hours, I will get to roam the streets of Amsterdam.