Father dearest. (33)

We lay in bed until my stomach makes itself known. Growling so loud that Darren heard it and burst out laughing. Making me blush and hit him lightly on the chest.
We now sit in his luxurious car, we both decided to stop at the first place that looks good. After five minutes of just driving around we finally settle on a Greek restaurant.
When we enter the establishment we are quickly seated and given our menus.
"So, your dad is coming tomorrow?" Darren asks. I look up from the menu and nod.
"Yeah, he is." I respond.
"Are you nervous?" He asks, putting aside the menu.
"Well yeah, it's my dad. I've never thought that I'd have to tell my dad that I was sexually abused." I remark.
"My parents and I have never been... Close." He omits. Playing with his utensils. His eyes far away looking. "They always expected so much from me. I got so fed up that I went across the country to go to university. Now whenever I see them it's always negative. That's why I try to make visits sparse."
"My father and I have always been close. My mother, not so much. She was there, but not at the same time. She always did the bare minimum. I remember over hearing her talking to my dad about me, she wanted me to become a doctor. To actually do something that she can brag to her friends about." I sigh.
"Looks like we are in the same boat. At least your mother doesn't try to hook you up with random women." He jokes.
"I think she's going to start to. She's apparently not happy with my sexuality." I chuckle humorously to myself. He reaches over the table and grabs my hand.
"Well, I'll scare all the women away. Don't worry." He says with a wink. I smile and shake my head. After ordering our food we fill the night with light conversation. You could notice that we are both emotionally exhausted from earlier. After finishing eating Darren drives us back to my place. Claiming that we have to keep a balance. Not wanting to argue with him I just nod my head. Letting him get his way. I already know that Kendall and Monroe have left back to his place since they texted me a half hour ago.
Eventually after almost falling asleep we reach my apartment. He holds his hand out and exits the car. Jogging around to my side and opening the door for me. I smile at him as I step out. Pecking his cheek before walking ahead of him. I could barely climb the stairs, I was that tired. Darren pressed his hand to my lower back to assist me up them. I let out a large sigh of relief when I fall back on my bed. Snuggling into the soft covers.
"You can't sleep in that." Darren scoffs. Walking to my drawers and taking out pj bottoms.
I pout at him as he undresses me. If I wasn't so tired I would be responding in a whole other way. He slips on my bottoms with a wink. Shrugging off his own clothes he then falls down beside me. After that we both fall asleep. Completely drained.
----------
Darren offered to lend me his car to pick up my dad at the airport but I refused. I don't want to inconvenience him, nor do I want to show off my boyfriends money. I want to show my dad that I could take care of myself, not that I know how to be dependent on someone else. I guess I just want to make him proud of me. Show him that he raised me right.
It's only 7:30 in the morning when I climb into the drivers seat half asleep. My body yearning for another couple of hours asleep. It took both Monroe and Kendall multiple attempts to wake me up. They resorted to pouring frigid water on me. Succeeding to drench both me and my bed. Let's just say I was not a happy camper. The look on Kendall's face had me shutting up.
I turn the key in the ignition and pull out of my parking spot. Starting the half hour drive to the airport.
-----
I look around in the crowd for my father, wanting to get out of here as soon as possible. I hate big crowds like this. Finally after waiting for him for a few minutes I finally see him turn around the corner. I hold myself back from acting like a child and running up to him like I did when he arrived home from work. When he was In Front of me we join in a bear hug. His large hands rubbing my back.
"I missed you son." He whispered, squeezing me tighter.
"I missed you too dad." I sigh, feeling better than I have in days.