Chapter 23

Natsu, Lucy, and Happy ran towards Emma, Selena, Wendy, Lily, Carla, and the injured Makarov.

"Wendy!" Natsu yelled gaining their attention.

"You made it back! Did you find anything?" Wendy asked smiling at him.

"Is Master doing any better?" Lucy asked as they reached them.

"Can't say that his condition has improved," Carla sadly replied.

"Although it would seem the Master's are quite serious, I don't feel as though his life is truly in danger," Lily said.

"Perhaps it has something to do with this island being considered sacred ground," Carla suggested. A second later, Mest Gryder appeared.

"The traitor's returned," Lily said and Selena blinked in confusion.

"Where'd you run off to whoever you are?" Natsu asked putting his hands on his hips.

"Uhm... Who's he?" Selena asked confused.

"That's Mest, the spy from the Magic Council," Lucy informed in dismay.

"Tch. The Magic Council," Selena said with distaste.

"To be quite honest my name is Doranbolt."

"What are you doing here?" Wendy asked standing up.

"Please, don't be afraid, Wendy." He smiled. "I guess you could say I'm on a rescue mission." They stared at him in confusion. "I can use my magic to transport your guild members somewhere safe. I'll get you as far away from this island as possible. But first I need to know where everybody is in order to do that."

"We don't need your help, okay pal," Natsu replied, shocking him.

"What makes you think we'd trust anyone who's acting in the interest of the Magic Council?" Carla snapped.

"No joke," Selena replied.

"This is our problem, not yours. And we're more and capable of taking care of it by ourselves," Lily replied with a grin.

"Listen to me! I guarantee once the-" Selena cut Doranbolt off with a grin.

"I already know. Once the Magic Council finds out what's going on, they won't hesitate to blast the Etherion canon. I know they don't like Fairy Tail and if they know Grimoire Heart and Zeref are here as well, that'll give them a reason to get rid of us. But you see, we're simply not afraid of the Etherion canon. Don't threaten us again!" Selena growled.

"They'll blast us with Etherion again?!" Happy exclaimed and Selena looked down at them confused.

"Once was enough. Like, seriously," Lucy said.

"What's Etherion?" Lily asked confused. "Do you know?" He looked at Carla when he asked.

"I don't have any first hand experience with it, but apparently it's extremely powerful destruction magic," she replied.

"Yeah. The Magic Council used it on us before when we were in the Tower of Heaven," Happy explained.

"Really? How did you manage to survive?"

"Well, it's kind of a long story actually. A bunch of other crazy stuff happened and it all absorbed inside this huge Lacrima."

"Yet another example of this guild running into major trouble wherever we go," Carla replied.

"But if they decide to fire it while we're all on the island..." Wendy trailed off.

"Who knows what kind of damage it could cause this time," Lucy finished.