Chapter 5

The sun peeked out from in between two clouds, the air was warm and calm, it dragged mothers lemon tree sent all thru out the backyard. Mom had decided to invite the Hinkles over for some family dinner. In just minutes they would be arriving. Mother was adding some finishing touches to the outside patio table, and after making the homemade lemonade I decided to sit outside and relax before the twins came over.

Calvin's little brother and sister where disastrous, if you were to see them you would think they are small innocent blonde angels, but as soon as you meet them, wow hold on to your horses. Last time we invited them over, they ripped all of mom's flower garden out, they claimed to be doing a hunt for worms. I laughed it off so did mom, but right after they where gone she sat down and cried her eyes out.

"Kaylie there here please get the door" I stood up and pated my yellow sundress down, my silver flats clacked as I walked thru the wooden floor into the living room, my hair in a low fishtail braid. I took a deep breath an opened the door.

"Hello, Kaylie I haven't seen you in a while" Calvin's mom , Sydney, greeted me with a hug, her blond hair in a ponytail, she wore a pink polo shirt and some khaki shorts, along with some pink nikes. "I know you look wonderful"
"Enough about me, your so grown up" she grabs both my shoulders and looked me from head to toe, "where's your mother?" I let everyone in them finally close the door. "She's out back" she gives me a smile and walks towards the back door.

"I like your shoes Kaylie" my eyes get wide and down I look, there they are the two little devil twins, "thank you Sara, and I like your dress it's pink" her twin brother adds himself in by saying, "no shit, it's blue." "Wow" is all I could get out of my mouth these five year olds where crazy. They both wore pink, Sara in a lovely designer dress, her hair in half a ponytail, and him in a pink flannel shirt and khaki jeans.

I step outside the back hoping to find Calvin, but no all I see is the twins sitting in the table with their mother, and mom having a girl conversation with her. Finally I see Calvin he's carrying a bag of coal and walking towards the barbecue pit, his hair was just so golden under the rays of the sun, and just like his family he also wore a pink shirt but not polo just plain, and some light faded out blue jeans with his cowboy boots.

"I see your mom still makes y'all match clothes" I joke with him playfully as he tried to get the fire going. "Yea, next thing you know she will try to fit me and my brother in a dress", finally the flames light up, little dots of sweat start to take place in Calvin's nose. "So you will be making our burgers?", usually it's his dad who cooks out in these types of things, "yes, yes I will assistant Kaylie, dad went on a business trip and won't be back till Sunday" he closes the pit and we walk into the kitchen. "Ok then chef Calvin, we need the meat out in a bitty and everything else is done."

The burger patties were done quicker than we thought it would take, we placed them along with the bowl of fries and the bowl that had separate squares that held the veggies. "Come and eat!" Calvin scram from the inside with a deep voice, sounding as if he were the father of the household. The twins ran in and told Calvin what they wanted and took their plates out to the patio table. Our mothers came in moments after, laughing and not stoping the conversation. Calvin and I made our burgers and headed to the living room.

"These burgers are great Calvin, really juicy" I took a second bite of my big stacked burger and the juice slid of the corner of my mouth. "Why, thank you Mrs. Newker, and I have to say this lemonade is really refreshing" I giggle at his fake manners, "no but seriously it's really good, did you learn how to do this because of our lemonade stand" I shake my head, "of course not, I googled it."

"Kaylie and Calvin sitting in a tree..." We heard the twins whispering behind the leather sofa we were sitting in, Calvin turns to me and smiles, "k-i-s-s-" "BOO!" Calvin quickly makes them run out the house screaming, he's such a adoring evil brother to them. "You are so mean" I get up, grab my plate from the coffee table and place it in the sink, Calvin follows. "It's not like there so nice."

"It was nice hanging again, I needed that girl talk" Sydney kisses my mom on the cheek. We where all standing outside the front of my house saying our goodbyes , "lesbians", Sebastian, Calvin's little brother whispers to his sleepy sister. Luckily only Calvin and I got to hear that, "we'll see you tomorrow Kay, it was nice coming over" Calvin pulls me into a deep hug, I feel his tight embrace. "Yes it was nice, we should do it often" I tell him before we pull apart. "we will" he whispers.

"Don't say that do you even know what lesbians are" Calvin was now carrying his sleeping sister in his arms and talking to his little brother on their way to the family cherry red 2015 Tahoe, the color sparkled with the street lights. "Why are you boys talking about lesbians?" His mother asked following their steps, then they drove off.

After stepping out of a warm bath, I entered my room and let my soaked strands of hair drop water droplets into the carpet. Today was the second day I got to witness the God, and tomorrow I will be after school with him for practice. Butterflies fluttered around my stomach thru the whole night as I thought about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~