Chapter 22

Sunday morning went on with me telling my mom how it went yesterday at the dance (keeping some of the details to myself obviously). I didn't mention about the bad feeling I got and how I walked away at the restaurant, that reminds me that I need to text people I'm sorry, never mind I'll tell them personally on Monday. I hope they don't think I was rude or something, I don't want to be that friend.

"So how about you mom how was work?" I blur out after some moments of silence, she sipped her smoothie with care and responded.

"Well it was the usual paper work here and there, having to call people is such a drag especially when they are full of it" she turns her hand into a fist, "they answer the phone with such rudeness, like don't you think I'm fed up with work also! But besides that I try to take some minutes to myself and find the inner me, to get some stress off. As long as the work is done I'm happy." She takes a deep calm breath "enjoy these years sweety the years when you finally get to lay down and do nothing but homework, when I was your age I would always go to my room and sleep. That was my daily routine" she taps my knee and gets up.

Swiftly she places her cup in the sink and turns around, "today I have nothing to do and I may...go lay down and get sleep, use that cream I got from the spa for these eye bags."

I smile at her and start washing the only 2 cups in the sink. "What will you do Kay?" She asks from the second floor.

"I don't know, nothing maybe, if I do I'll leave a note."

After done I head to my room and lay on the comfortable bed of mine and face the balcony. Outside its sunny and the trees look greener than before, the sun adds them a little shine. It actually looks like a canvas painting with the sky so blue and the clouds perfectly shaped. I don't think I can ever leave the country life. While admiring the outdoors I grab a book and sit on the patio of my balcony which has one white table and two white chairs that are cushioned with light brown seating pillows, in the middle of the table their is a vase with purple tulips my favorite.

When I get to chapter 3 in The Ocean at The End of the Lane my phone vibrates

Calvin🏈
Can I come over?

I response with a yes and wait for his arrival.

I hear a rock hit the metal balcony and look down, there he is Calvin, his hair back to normal in his upward messy ways. He's wearing a white t shirt and some dark blue jeans with some black vans. "Where you thinking of opening the door bookworm, I've been knocking and also rang the doorbell" he sounds happy to nag
"Sorry I must have been caught up in the book, let me get you in" I say embarrassed. I wonder how long I've had him waiting?

"Come in I'm sorry its pretty hot out." I open the white pastel door, "tell me about it, I was at the ranch a while ago feeding the horses." He walks in rubbing his forehead with the back of his palm.

"Want something to drink? We got well kinda everything" I say opening the fridge.

"Yea whatever, I bet you ain't got coke" he smirks

"Besides that and every other unhealthy beverage" I place 2 cups of ice cold tea on the table.

"What's this, tea?" He smells the cup

"Yea brewed"

"Ah y'all are disgusting, how can you last being healthy?" He proceeds drinking

"Use to it, its a lifestyle" I sip some tea and the all toward the living room hoping Calvin will follow.

"So still in pajamas?"  He asks plunging on the dark leather couch.

I look down and realize I'm wearing my pearl (thank god padded because I wasn't wearing a bra) silk spaghetti strap shirt with silk long pajama pants I gladly put up while getting up because like I said I don't like wearing bottoms to sleep.

" yea, I wasn't planning going anywhere today" I take a seat on the edge of the couch,

"Yea I didn't see you in church well then again you never go demon child" he sits up right across the couch.

I just smile

"So what we gonna do? Watch a movie, play monopoly, go swimming?"

"a movie please", I grab a blanket and cover myself up.

"Um mam this is your home I'm the guest I should get the blanket, you put the movie" he pulls on the blanket, and I kick him away.

"Don't act silly Calvin you know where the movies are." I try a puppy eye technique but fail.

"Fine but I'm playing a movie I wanna watch" he gets up and goes thru the movie shelve.

We are hallway thru the movie when he nudges me, "thanks for falling asleep on it"

I fix myself up and look to him which is covering himself up to his chin with a long brown blanket, "hey dead pool is a real good movie I've watched lots of times I'm just tired" I lean my head on his shoulder.

"I guess I forgive you, oh and your mom went to some organic market place she will be back in a little"  I smile a super huge grin, thinking about the organic market and well... Clark.

Mom arrived during our second movie and cooked up some delicious dinner which consisted of grilled chicken and vegtebales with mashed potatoes. Once again we get an comment from Calvin about our healthy ways my mom takes it as a compliment and smiles.

" Your mom cooks delicious "  Calvin comments while playing a game of cards at my balcony table. The only light we have in the dark is the stars and the  lights around the balcony fence.

"SPIT I won and you madame get all the cards" he jokes and taps my nose.

"Ugh I'm done, I'm done with this game, you know what I'm gonna shower" I say playing that I'm mad and push the cards towards calvin.

"Then that means I won once again for the forth time, and since your off to clean I'll be going home and do the same, afterall there is school tomorrow." He neatly places the deck of cards in my dresser and downstairs we go.

"I know you can come anytime" I'm walking Calvin out hallway across the street, he came walking, we don't live that far.

"Okay well next time its my treat, that means I invite you over to my house" we stand under the street light, "okay Calvin well go home, get rest these mosquitoes are horrible".

"Okay goodnight Kaylie, I would watch and wait till your in the house but these mosquitos will leave me with no blood."

We give each other a quick hug "its okay Calvin, goodnight." And we head our separate ways.