Chapter 12

"We are almost done here we just need a few more pieces and this chair will be sturdy enough to hold the fattest man in the world." TJ has been so into this project that we completed or are going to complete it before deadline.

Does TJ know that his smartness mixed with his clown and sporty side make him so attractive especially with that crisp white smile he has that glitz and shimmers in the light. Khakis and guys are a BIG turn-on or a big yes for me it just shows a casual neat side to guys but when matched up with some converse or nikes that adds a twist of bad boy. Me like.

But I don't like TJ because yea he is cute and all but I'm very lucky to have him as a friend a god walking with me and hanging in the weekends with. "Great cutting with this cutting board knife is torturing" I shake the silver knife that has been the pain to me in this class. "That must suck I saw you struggle." He giggled that smirky giggle, "and you don't offer to help?" He pats the chair and takes a close look at it before looking my direction, "hey you looked mad and you had a knife, I ain't gon' mess with a girl with a weapon in her hands." Lifting up one of his eyebrows at me I take a quick glance at his lips and look away with a laugh.

"I've been getting hungry lately and I brought strawberry's" Dani singing the word strawberries all girly took out a small pink dazzled with purple bowl with a middle mini cup to add a dip? I'm guessing, when she opened the bowl there was the mini cup filled with Nutella and the bowl filled with strawberries. "Get some I thought about you as I got them out my moms garden o and there washed don't worry." Cute Dani has a strawberry garden at her house, I loved strawberries and I appreciated that she thought about me as she picked them. I reach my hand into her small pink bowl which was deeper than I thought it would be.

The class was quiet and same as usually reading the book or just on their cellphones. Mr. Clark on the other hand was on his computer typing some sort of document once in a while I caught him glancing at me eating a strawberry. A few minutes ago when I was biting the second strawberry I felt a stare it was Robert when I turned we made eye contact he gave me a smirk and continued typing.

The chocolate Nutella made me feel sleepy and that made me knock out during class. I didn't wake by the bell or Dani but by Clark he nudged my shoulder gently with his hand. I awoke immediately panicked, "I told Deni not to wake you, you are not able to fall asleep here." His accent betraying him as usual made me want to drift off into sleep...in his arms. "Ok." Is all I said after a yawn and a stretch, I knew he didn't mind if I stayed and bothered and slept in his class, it's vice versa. "You look adorable when you sleep especially hearing your little quiet snores." He took a seat in his desk, "the whole class heard my snores?!" How embarrassing, "no, like I said they where quiet check the time Kaylie." I quickly checked my phone, o no, I was fifteen minutes late to my next class while this weirdo was watching me sleep. Told you he didn't mind it.

Robert wrote me a note saying "please excuse Kaylie from your class she was finishing up some owed assignments, she was slacking off and didn't do the work of a week now she has double work and may need double class. Thanks for understanding Mrs. Buke and I like your dress today -Mr. Clark."

When I entered the class late the class stared at me and the lecture stopped, they all looked in my direction like hunters who just found a buck to kill. "Why are you late Mrs. Newker." I gave Madam Buke the note and took my seat next to Calvin, as she read it her cheeks turned flush pink like her salmon pink office dress she smiled and her face all wrinkled up more than it is, around her eyes her skin was piling up. "Oh you are excused Kaylie." She folded the note into her cardigan pocket and gave me a smile with her fake teeth I think.

"What happened?" Calvin turns to see me in curiosity, "what happened with your hair?" "o thought I needed a change, like it?" I smile sheepishly and nod. "I feel asleep in class" I finally answer his question, but low enough for only us to hear "ug I hate when that happens to me, Dani and you have that class together don't you why didn't she wake you?" I know the answer but I got to lie he can't know the truth he is already being suspicious. "She probably was in a hurry I don't know." "Yea probably, she is a good friend I'm sure she didn't do it on purpose." I'm hundred percent sure she didn't.

As soon as school class ended Calvin and I did our usual routine of going to the parking lot and heading home. After hoping in his truck and him turning on the engine there was a knock on his driver side door, he lowered down a a country song that we were hearing in the morning something about your lips taste like sengria or something like that it was catchy.

Calvin rolled down the window and I heard her voice it was Jessie o gosh what does she want. "You know the dance is next week right" omg this girl has some guts to make it obvious that she wants him to ask her. "Yea, and? Before you go on I'm not gonna ask you so please step away from my truck I don't want to run you over." Woah explosions banged in her face, my mini me inside was clapping with joy and laughing so hard. "I like your hair." Was her last sentence, Calvin reversed the truck turned on the radio and the song Strip It Down by Luke Bryan was playing he nodded and waved at her and drove of.

Looking at the out window noticed that there was no houses around we where in the plain fields where I don't know, I turned and asked Calvin where we were going its 4:02 and I'm usually home by four. Calvin smiled and kept driving and turned up the radio really loud and sang along to the loud song blazing thru the trucks speakers;

"Caught up on the worry, always in a hurry losing what we all about let's slow it down, take our love and get out of this toooowwwwwnn, I just wanna run, I just wanna run away with you, live wide open settem on fire crazy like we use to do, it don't matter where we going up on a mountain, down by the beachside till we find the love that we lovin to, I just want to run away with you."

The lyrics didn't mean much until he grabbed my hand, and we headed down some unknown dirt road. I felt my cheeks flush in a swirl of different shades of red and pink and I'm smiling like a fool of course. We finally made a stop under a big oak tree that gave Calvin's truck some shade, and we stepped out. I didn't move, shit I don't even know what we're doing here, finally Calvin comes from behind me and grabs my right hand and pulls me out to the field.

The sun was out burning like usual but it wasn't that hot there was breeze, my beige cardigan had small holes that let the winds soft force pass thru and my white blouse under wasn't hot, I was lucky that I had dressed country like today with my boots and light faded out blue jeans. Calvin just had on his boots, jeans and a black plain tee. We finally mad it to a little spot where that grass wasn't so high, I was to busy looking at my surroundings that I haven't noticed that Calvin was carrying a basket. "Wait here ok don't go on and runaway from me." He handed me the basket and jogged back towards the truck that wasn't that far. "Why would I do that where would I go." I looked up and noticed that not only where we in a field but the field was hill like and we where sitting on the top, and we had a whole view of the sky. I heard some stumbling noise but when I turned Calvin was placing some comfortable looking beach chairs behind me.

"Why are we here?" I asked sitting down on one of the chairs and watching him look around, to check if he was missing anything then sit down. "just wanted to have a picnic haven't done that in a while, want something to drink?" I nodded anxious to see what was inside the basket looks like he stole it from his mom. He took out two cold Coronas. "O you sing pretty nice just needed to get that out there sense you where screaming on the truck." He just smiled and let out a laugh. "Hey you enjoyed it didn't you." "I had no choice I was in a moving vehicle it was either hear you sing or jump right out." We bursted out laughing, "I'm playing with you, but you do sing pretty good and yes I did enjoyed it and this." He pointed his drink right out, "cheers to today", I took a sip then joined in with the cheer.

After some hours of talking, dancing, singing and eating some sandwiches he had made with the help of his brother we where exhausted. Yea he left school to make the sandwiches get everything ready then went back to school for class, his brother had not gone to school because he faked being sick. By the time we hoped on the truck I saw it was 7:38 we had watched the sunset together also. "Had a great time?" He asked pulling out the truck of the dirt road and into the highway. "Hell yea!" He just laughed. "Great."

"Hey Kaylie", Calvin called me out before I stepped inside my house, "yes". There was a long pause then finally, "do you want to go to the dance with me?" My face was probably priceless, I looked down to my boots then back at him. With a smile I finally got the words out, "I would love to."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~