Chapter 19

When I awake the room is empty just me and the sunlight coming from the silver curtains in Dani's room. Reaching up to check my phone I see on the clock that it's 12.

I haven't slept so late in quite some time, the later I wake up the more tired I am. After making a ponytail and stepping out the bathroom I head down to the kitchen were the smell of something sweet and grilled.

"Hey" Dani still dressed in her sleeping attire cheerfully sat next to her I think father who was reading the Saturday morning newspaper dressed comfortably navi blue pajama set, her mother behind the stove cooking up some breakfast.

"Good morning" I said taking a seat next to her on the kitchen counter bar. "Well good morning Kaylie" her dad greeted me with a huge warm smile, "good morning" her mother stir around the pan. "We will be eating some honey sausages with egg, and biscuit and jelly for well it's kinda late for breakfast but you know we eat anything at anytime here, hope you don't mind" "no I don't, it smells delicious."

"So you girls will be going to the game?" Her father doesn't take his view of an article he's reading from the newspaper. "Yes then we will be heading to the dance." His daughter smiling answered. "Will Esteban be going?"

"Where is Estaban?" Her mom asks removing the biscuits from the oven. "He's out back feeding the horses" her husband says. Just at that moment Esteban enters kicking off his boots in the front door, he is tall the height of his dad, tan, his dirty blond hair set down due to his cap, his hazel eyes went well with the green camo he dressed, much like a cloned version of his father and Dani of her mother.

"Hey sweetie you came just in time to eat" his mom placed the plates on the table and we all headed towards it. "Eat? Ma I've been awake since probably seven I made myself some sunny side up eggs, but...." He looked down at his sisters plate, "I wouldn't mind eating again." He pulled out a chair and took a seat.

While eating we had a conversation on the events that will be happening today, Esteban decided to go with his dad to an animal bidding show and Mrs. Rave will join us to the game then help her daughter get ready for the dance, but before the game happens she will take us to be spa to relax ourselves.

I called up my mom to meet me at the Maybelle Spa so she can give me money and maybe join us. She has been acting really weird lately maybe she's stressed due to all her paperwork or something, sitting in her desk was two bottles of wine I saw yesterday when I went into her office to get her purse before she dropped me off to work and they where empty. I wonder how was her night last night.

Mom met us in a white maxi dress ready to be spiritual at the spa, she likes those mud baths, hot rocks and silence with indie music with a flowery outdoor room. Thankfully Maybelle offered all that plus natural plant face masks and creams. "You know I didn't need to get out." My mom whispered to me as we waited in the counter for her Hot Rocks she says they help pop and relax her muscles, "mom you are getting eye bags you haven't slept so you obviously need this" her mouth shaped into a O and tapped under her eyes, "I should get something for that." She wondered off looking at different dreams in shelves.

"What's up with your mom?" Dani asked me as we got our feet massaged and done, if we where gonna wear heels all night we might as well get them ready for what's coming. "I honestly don't know she doesn't even want to talk about it, she's been acting weird." Memories of the night when no took the phone away from my hand and slammed back in the wall, swirled thru my mind she looked at me with fear and her mascara was slithering down her face with her tears.

"Well girls you gonna take some rest, before the dance?" After we finished with our feet my mom had relaxed herself with hot rocks and needle thingies. "We are not babies anymore mom", Dani tells Mrs. Rave, we where all walking out the Maybelle Salon. "See you at the dance text me when your getting ready", I tell Dani. We all say our goodbyes and take off to our separate paths.

"Did you enjoy yourself mom?" I ask disturbing the silence in the car, "I did I actually did, I'm glad I came I feel more relaxed worry free."

"Why were you worried in the first place?" I decided it was time to find out what was going on, but she ignored my question and changed the subject with "you hungry?" I made her a mad face and slumped down my seat. "No"

"Hey the same way you keep some things from me that me way I need to keep mine from you," she grabs my arm and rubs it, "but I don't keep anything from you" I told her almost whispering.

We finally pull up to this house but I don't bother to move, "common don't fill yourself with negativity go relax or something next thing you know it will be time to be getting ready it's 3."

I hoped of and just shrugged and stepped out the car I had five hours till I started to get ready, what should I do?

I ran back to the car before my mom got to get off, "wow where you going?" "Mom can I borrow the car?" She looked at me with a smile "yes, but just be home so Betty can get you ready." She tossed the keys and I grabbed them.

As I started the car up I searched on my phone, Organic Farmers Market near me. It took a while to search but it got it. I pulled off the driveway and headed towards my destination.

It took me to a cute country barn neighborhood with fancy houses not so big or small made of brick, with big backyards and front yards. The last turn was to go to the left and there it was, a huge country sign saying Organic Market. I parked in the side parking lot and went inside the doors, which was silly because as soon as I walked in the building the inside just had drinks as in smoothies, water, lemonade then another pair of doors that led you to the outside, the outside full of fruit and vegetable racks.

I look around, the smell of grass attacking my nostrils, I look at all the variety of produce to choose from I decide on grabbing some carrots, it was cool they also gave you some wooden baskets to put them in, I waltz around feeling like my mom, spiritual, she would love it here.

"Mrs.Newker decides on being healthy now?" A voice startles me, I turn to my right it's Clark in a light blue jean flannel and dark blue jean pants, with some brown working boots. "Mr. Clark, you scared me and yes I decided to stop by in this mystical village" I giggle at myself, "Robert, and yes it is, every time I walk in here I feel like I'm part of the Hobbit or something" I reach for two pears, "are you working on a ranch?" He looks down on his pants and boots kinda dirty by mud, "yep, fixing my sisters pig pen, but chose to take a break and come get some more food." "Well you came at the right time, well talking about time can you tell me want time it is?" He looks at his watch, "3:40"

"Rob there I found you, Besty may like these squash right here!" Then comes a thin, lean dirty blond woman with sunglasses above her head wearing jeans and boots and a white crop top lots of jewelry. "That is my sister" he whispers, "nice talking to you then" I whisper back and walk away. He gives me a cute smile and turns.

After getting apples and different other things I bought my mom a berry smoothie, she would like it she needs it. "Kaylie" "Robert" I turn and he's walking to I'm guessing his truck with his sister by his side.

I got home at 4 something and got all the stuff out the car, as I got in the house, my mom was watching tv and braiding her hair, "mom look" I called her in from the kitchen, she fumbled in finishing her braid "ooh where did you go?" I pulled everything out the brown paper bags, and placed her smoothie in front of her.

"This organic store my friends told me about its awesome you would love it there it's so natural." She sipped her smoothie and nodded her head, "yea this is good stuff why did you leave without me?" She walked away and started watching her show, after placing the produce where it belonged I headed up stair. I went thru the house phone calls and called back the oddest number and laid in bed waiting for him to pick up.

"Hello" a strong man voice answered, "Robert" I said getting nervous what if he thinks I'm weird no after what happened no, "what you doing beauty?" O no, he called be beauty I blush, "nothing bored" "o so you just call me when you have noting else to do?"
I giggle, "hey at least I called" "yea I'm glad you did, will you be going to the dance?"

"Yes" He stayed quite, "then I will see you later" "yes yes you will and I hope you do." I check the clock it's 5. "How about the game it's at 7:30 will you go?" I hear a pig noise, "nope not done here" he chuckles, "I got to catch this pig beautiful but I'll see you later ok". "Ok."

"What are you doing get up" my mom shakes me and I hear a crunch, "what are you doing eating my apples?" I whisper, "their good now get dressed we are going to the game then come back quick to get you dressed"