Chapter 26: So Close, Yet So Far

I asked Kimberlie where she was the other day and she said that she had to cancel but didn't have my number so she couldn't tell me. I guess you can say she wasn't smart enough to set me up, but I'll just say she did so I can say she did something nice for for once and on her own.

Kimberlie asked if I wanted to make up for what happened and asked if I wanted to go another double date at the movies. Even though it would be nice to watch Avengers, I had a test I had to study for so I had to sadly decline.

N: So, what are you doing this weekend?

A: Nm, just studying for this test Monday

N: Oh, what class is it for?

A: French

N: Again?

A: Yeah, it's not my best subject, everything else is easy for me

N: CP or AP?

A: AP

N: Nice. Well I can help you study if you want

A: Sure, where?

N: Uh..park?

A: See ya soon!

♡♢♡
(The park scene was here) (w. Niall)

I sat at my desk and opened my book for a quick refresher the next day I saw a piece of paper sticking out from the back of the book. "What's this?" I thought aloud and opened it up.

I'm a shy guy and I don't know how to talk to you in person, to any...attractive girl in person.

It was crossed out then it started again.

Amanda, you have been an amazing friend to me. I don't know what it is, but when I hang out with you I feel so relaxed. I may not be the person to stand and say this face to face, but you cause butterflies and I can't contain them. Even the thought of you makes me smile. I know you are going through a break up right now, and I don't know if you're still crying, but I will be there..a shoulder for you to cry on and someone to comfort you.

On the bottom of the paper was a poem.

Love how you always understand
I love it when you hold my hand
I love it when you make me smile
And how you never make me cry.

I love the silly things you say
I love that you always brighten my day
I love the random things you do.

I guess what I'm trying to say is...
I love you

I've never received a love poem before and I didn't know what to say. Who wrote this? I quickly put on some clothes and rushed outside when suddenly I saw Zac outside holding red roses. "Zac?"

"I'm sorry for what I did, what I said. I was wondering if you could ever find it in your heart to forgive me,"

"Was it you?"

"What?"

"That wrote me that note?"

"...Yes, it was," he said and gave me the flowers. "Forgive me?" He gave me a hug.

I wanted to forgive him, I wanted to believe it was him that gave me the note, but something was tugging at my heart, telling me, it wasn't right.

♡♢♡

"I have to tell her, face to face this time! No hiding behind a piece of paper," I put on my clothes and headed towards Amanda's house when in a distance I saw her kiss Zac. My heart shattered and I didn't know what to do. I guess Zac was right, good guys never win...

Author's Note:

The Poem source was Family Friend Poems.
Please vote and comment on about the story! Thanks for continuing to read!