Mum's Surpise

At seven o’clock I get home to hear loud music and my mum terribly singing the lyrics to the song,

“Mum!” I shout,

“Caggie darling, come upstairs but close your eyes” Mum replies, I make my way upstairs and close my eyes once I got to the top of the stairs.

“Well watch your step” Mum says covering my eyes and guiding me inside a room.

She uncovers my eyes and I gasp, my room was completely transformed. The bare pale green walls we’re replaced by a feature wall of grey striped wall paper and grey painted walls, I liked what my mum did with the room she had gone all out on everything. New rugs, curtains, fake flowers, cushions and pictures.

“Wow, mum this is so nice. Thanks, I could never have done something like this in a day” I say hugging my mum tight.

“You needed a change, your rooms been green for as long as I can remember” Mum replies,

“I guess, well thanks again. Who helped you?” I ask,

“A few friends and Brad’s been here too, not for long as he liked but he helped” Mum replies,

“Oh right, ok. I’m going to get into some pyjamas, I’ll make dinner” I say

“Ok, well I’ll leave you to it then” Mum replies,

I get into a pair of pyjamas and pull on my slippers; I then go downstairs and make a steak baguette.

“This is great Caggs; you know what Brad told me today?” Mum says,

“No, please do share” I reply rolling my eyes,

“That you we’re special and he loved you too much” Mum says trying to contain her smile.

“Really? That’s cute; I don’t feel like talking about Brad. He’s so wrapped up in his work that he doesn’t even call me to see how I am, he’s on the go constantly” I reply

“I know, but he’s getting paid a lot for the job and most of that will be for the baby. You need to appreciate that” Mum says,

I look at her and she smiles, I finish my food and go out into the kitchen.  I clean up my mess and then pour myself a glass of orange juice. Mum comes out into the kitchen and washes her plate up,

“Hey I forgot to tell you, I’m going to Spain for five days would you like to come over or stay here?” Mum asks,

I sit and think about it for a few minutes, debating on whether I should go and catch a tan or stay at home and spend five days in bed.

“Why are you going to Spain?” I ask

“Work, but you can do your own thing. Bring Rosie if you like” Mum replies,

I pull out my phone and hand it to my mum to ask Rosie, I didn’t feel like talking to her. Rosie had agreed to come to Spain despite the short notice; she was packing and then making her way over. It was now 8 o’clock so I get in the bath and spend an hour relaxing, once I’ve finished Rosie is already in my room picking out outfits for me. Her clothes we’re in a big bag and two empty suitcases we’re open and ready to be filled.

“So I thought I’d get a head start on your packing, I’ve already got my clothes done they just need packing so how about you pack them whilst I pick out your clothes” Rosie says

“Fine, but please only bikinis are showing off my stomach” I reply staring at crop tops Rosie has out on my bed.

“Ok, and I love your room” Rosie says,

“I know it’s so nice” I reply grabbing the bag full of clothes.

I begin folding the clothes neatly and I then pack them into her suitcase, after spending half an hour packing her clothes I reach Rosie’s sandals, I put them in on top of her clothes and then shut the case.

“Hey take this dress, you haven’t even wore it yet and it looks so nice on you” Rosie says holding the green dress I had bought at the fashion party.

“Put it in and a good pair of heels” I reply,

I dry my hair and then begin curling it, my hair was sort of curly but I liked to curl it more and then brush them out. Rosie has finally finished choosing clothes and I was already in bed, she climbs into bed after turning the lights out and we both go to sleep. The next morning I’m the first to wake up, I decide to quickly pack everything Rosie had chosen for me and then get ready.

“Turn that music off” Rosie says.

“No, wake up” I reply

I turn it up a little louder and then finish brushing out my curls, I then get dressed into a plain black skirt and a white baggy vest top with a colourful baggy woolly cardigan. I put on a pair of heels and then pin back my hair, I then grab a bag and pack my make-up, tooth brush and toiletries inside.

“Caggs, are you ready yet?” Mum shouts,

“Yes, Rosie’s just finishing getting ready” I reply.

After our flight we land in Spain, my mum rushes straight off to her room for sleep whilst Rosie and I settle into our room. It was late by the time we had settled, it was time for us all to sleep. So we get into our pyjamas and sleep.