The birthday sleepover

“Caggs you look great!” Rosie says handing me my present, behind Rosie was Brad and Amber.

“Thanks so do you” I reply,

I lead them to the living room where Helen had put up a few birthday decorations, Amber passes me a little bag and so does Brad. I didn’t know why Brad was here, but I guess the more the merrier! I open the presents and we then turn on some music.

“Oh my god I love this song” I say standing up, everyone else stands up with me and I begin dancing

Brad grabs me by the waist and he begins dancing with me, the room falls silent when Brad leans in for a kiss. I kiss him and he then leans in for another.

“We’ve been here five minutes and Brad’s already made his move” Amber says giggling,

I look at her and she looks away, I push Brad away from me and I feel myself turning bright red.

“Does anyone want anything to drink?” I ask,

“Yeah let’s go get a drink” Amber says, she stands up and makes her own way to the kitchen.

Both Rosie and Amber leave the room and Brad pulls me back before I could leave the room, we stare at each other for a few moments and he then smiles.

“I’m sorry if I’ve embarrassed you, but you look stunning today” Brad says,

I ignore him and leave the room, I find the girls going through all our drinks in the kitchen. They was eyeing up the wine, I could tell they wanted it.

“Go on then, but just the one bottle” I say smiling,

Brad joins us in the back garden and we all sit in gazebo and drink away, it was great being able to let loose in my own house. I had let Helen join us for a glass of wine before she went home for the night.

“Helen I’m glad you’re actually in my life” I say with my words slurred.

“I think you’re a little drunk Caggs, I’m going to go now” Helen replies leaving the house.

I wasn’t drunk I’d only had three glasses of wine and that’s all I was drinking, it was now 8 o’clock and Brad was still with us.

“Brad are you staying here tonight?” I ask staring at him,

“Only if I’m allowed, you have plenty of rooms so I’ll stay in a spare one” Brad replies, smiling

“Ok then, why don’t we all watch a movie? My mum has everyone you could possibly think of” I say standing up.

Everyone follows me upstairs to my room and we decide to watch step up 3 which was something we all voted on. I snuggled up to my cushions on the floor and Rosie and Amber led on my bed, Brad hadn’t yet decided where he was going to sit so I pulled him down and let him lie with me.

“Wow never thought I’d love it twice as much on the thousandth time I’ve seen this film” Amber says as the credits rolls down the TV screen.

“I know it’s such a good film, hey I’m gonna go to sleep” Brad says,

“I’ll show you to your room for the night” I reply, I grab my pyjamas and tooth brush before showing Brad to his room.

“Here it is, Helen changed the sheets and everything for you” I say opening the door,

“Thanks, I’ll let you go get changed now” Brad replies,

I smile at him and then make my way to the bathroom; I get changed into my pyjamas and brush my teeth. Just as I’m about to walk out of the bathroom Brad bumps into me, he pushes me in and locks the door.

“Come on Brad let me out” I say quietly,

“Stay in with me tonight; I won’t try anything I promise” Brad replies,

I stay silent and watch Brad as he brushes his own teeth, I follow Brad to his room and I get into bed with him. I wasn’t happy about having to sleep in this bed but it was nice to cuddle up to someone. It was now morning and Rosie and Amber came in and jumped on us,

“Come on you two wake up!” Rosie shouts,

“Okay okay, shut up I’m awake” I reply

I sit up and leave the room, Rosie follows me into my room and I go into my wardrobe.

“Why do I keep doing this? I don’t even like Brad Rosie” I say putting my head into my hands.

“Don’t worry about it, Brad will probably go home and then we can spend the day sunbathing or something” Rosie replies,

Rosie then leaves the room and I take the time to get changed, I dress in a pair of high waist shorts and a crop top I chuck my hair up into a messy pony tail and then leave my bedroom.

“Hey I’m gonna go now, thanks for letting me stay” Brad says giving me a hug,

“Thanks for coming Brad” I reply, I show him out and Helen then makes us breakfast.

We sit in the kitchen and watch Helen as she fusses about, with our food.

“Here you are girls, enjoy” Helen says passing us our bacon sandwiches.

“Thanks Helen” I reply,

We eat in silence whilst Helen cleans up her mess, once we have finished I help Helen wash up and then wait for Rosie and Amber to get dressed. We spend the rest of the day sunbathing in the back garden.

“The weather is so nice today” Amber says smiling,

“I know, I wish every day was like this” Rosie replies,

“Hey girls, Harriett is having this runway party in a few weeks. Why don’t we all go?” Amber says,

“Sounds fun, I’m up for that” I reply, taking my sunglasses off.

“Great, we can go out for dresses on the weekend” Rosie says,

“I have a feeling I have that covered, my mum’s in Paris and she’ll probably bring back enough dresses to stock a shop” I reply,

“Really? You’d let us have a dress?” Amber asks

“Yeah why not, I’ve got enough clothes as it is. Let’s just call it a thank you note for the birthday presents” I reply,

“I can’t wait now, we’re all going to steal the lime light” Amber says,

The day was coming to a close and Amber and Rosie had stuff of their own to do.

“Thanks for a good weekend, I’ll see you tomorrow” Rosie and Amber both say,

I watch them walk down the road and then close the door; I decided to go to bed early after having a bath. I wake up bright and early and decide to make my own breakfast; I sit quietly and watch Helen as she cleans up after me.

“I could have did that myself” I say,

“No its fine you have school to get to, you need to look good” Helen replies,

I finish my breakfast and pass Helen the dish. I rush upstairs and sit at my dressing table, I pin my hair to the side and then apply my make-up. After spending half an hour trying to look decent I quickly put my uniform on and pack a bag with my school stuff, I head out of the door and walk to school.