The end (Part Two)

The journey back home was tiring and boring, neither of us had spoke to each other I had nothing to say to him, why did he want me to come here with him? Leaving my boy at home for however long, I would need to sort this sooner or later. "Brad, you can't just pick up and leave like that. I have my son nearly three hours away, my mum doesn't know where I am and you're being ridiculous" I say trying to keep calm, this situation brought me nothing but anger. 

"Calm down Cags. Your mum will be fine having Jonah for a day or two" Brad replies the way he spoke angered me even more, I was ready to rip his head off. "No, Brad. You don't understand I need to be home back with Jonah" I shout taking slow deep breaths to try and calm myself down. It wasn't working. "Why?" Brad asks a confused look appearing on his face, I had forgot to mention the most important thing in my son’s life the one thing that was holding him back from being the lively boy he should be at his age. "Because Jonah is autistic Brad and if I'm not there when he wakes up, my mum will never heard the end of it and he'll become stressed and I don't need that right now" I scream turning to Brads face, my breathing had gotten a lot faster I was panting unable to control myself.

"Oh" Brads face dropped, immediately he turns the car back around and heads toward the motorway again. I sigh with relief, now I would need to be home for when Jonah wakes up or at least once he's had breakfast. I decide to sleep for a little bit of the journey to prepare myself for a milestone of questions. 

I'm woken up by the sound of the radio, announcing news of a storm. I instantly sit up listening to the details; a couple of minutes later the rain set in and the traffic began moving slower and slower as the roads became slipper. This was going to take a while to get home, it was already early morning around five thirty. Night shifts ending workers rushing home. Others driving over night for whatever reason, we were all in a hurry for a reason. Brad beeps the horn at a sudden stop and then grumbles as he wonders why the car in front is making a move for the lay by. Once the car move we see why.

The car was heading for us.

"I love you" Brad says calmly.

I take his hand in mine screaming as the car hit.

It was peaceful; the room was bright and empty. No one was here only myself, the faint light at the end of the bright tunnel seemed inviting slowly I began moving towards the light only to be held back by an unknown figure. "Don’t go towards the light Caggie. You'll lose" the male held onto my shoulders tight he was old and grey; he looked a lot like me. "Why?" I ask, my voice echoed almost like I was wasting away. "You'll lose your family, you should be with them my princess" he smiles and kisses my forehead once he pulls back from me I see that behind him stood Brad Jonah my beloved sister and my mum. 

I didn't want to leave them but the light...

"It's been two weeks is she ever going to wake up?" 

"Of course she is, she's a fighter"

"Jonah hasn't been the same"

"He scre-"

"I know"

"Brad you need to understand, she's still here. She'll be with us in no time just yo..."

The bright room was back again though the light was much further away the man still stood beside me, he looks towards me and smiles again. "You can't stay away can you?" his light joke seemed to be amusing, would my family find the joke funny? "Seems not. Who are you?" I ask curious "Sweetie, I'm your father. I should never have turned my back on you" He moves a hand to my bruised face a tear running down his face.

"It doesn't matter. I guess I'm dead now?" I ask stepping back from him a little. "No, you're just slipping in and out of consciousness" his reply was calm and quiet, the look on his face told me he was disappointed in himself for never being apart of my life. Did this mean he was dead?