Chapter Six

Sam came back in and stood there in front of the door and thought for a moment then he excused himself and walked out. Minutes later he walked back in with Deeks and they stood over my bed.

"Listen, Beth, Eric was trying to find that place and he can't find it. Tell us why."

I looked down at my feet and turned to Deeks and Sam.

"I found this place on my own and the owner is an old friend so he didn't check me in, he is keeping me on the down-low. He knows what it's like to be in the force, so he lets me stay there when I'm undercover."

They both nodded and Sam turned around and sat in one of the chairs.

"Well, I don't like it. You are not staying there. What if something happens to you?"

"Mr. Hana, Beth will be fine. We can keep a watchful eye on her by having her address. If anything seems suspicious we can call her or visit her to make sure."

Sam laughed.

"Very funny Deeks, you almost sounded just like Hetty."

He looked up at Deeks who shook his head and put his hands up in defense.

"Hey, man don't look at me. I was texting G."

Sam looked at the door and saw Hetty standing there with her arms crossed.

"What was that agent Hana?"

"Nothing. Sorry, Hetty."

"You'd better be. After all, I'm the one who writes your checks."

Hetty turned around and left before Sam could process what she said, a minute later he stood up and ran out of the room.

"Wait a minute. Hetty stop!"

Deeks and I started to laugh. Just then Deeks's phone buzzed, he took it out and looked at the screen.

"Crap. I'll be right back just give me a moment."

Deeks went out of the room. He returned minutes later, with a smile on his face.

"Soo...uh let's see... How do I put this? Hehe um...well,"

Deeks fumbled for words. I looked over at him and smiled.

"Hetty said something didn't she?"

He looked up surprised and nodded.
Then Spencer walked in.