Chapter 16

I look down at my hands, which are tightly interlocked with Katys. I feel the bed shift, and out of the corner of my eye, I see Tam leave. My heart is beating uncontrollably. I can feel my breath begin to shorten. I feel myself start to feel like, well not myself. I unlock my hands from Katys, and get off the bed. I walk over to the wall mirror, and look at myself. Katy still in view from behind me, thanks to the mirror. I look at myself. I see her in me. My blonde hair, blue eyed self. I am practically her twin. How have I never noticed? Why would I though, never in my wildest dreams would I ever think...she would be my mom. The more and more I think about this, the more and more sad I get. I close my eyes, and focus on my breathing. I feel tears slip out of my eyes. This can't really be happening. 

"If it makes you feel any better, I haven't known for much longer than you".

If this is her trying to comfort me, it is not helping. 

I lean my body onto the dresser in front of me. Finding this out now, wasn't the best timing in the world. I feel myself grow weak, quickly I find a chair to sit in. I feel my stomach grumble and I hear a slight chuckle from Kay.

"Are you hungry?"

I don't want to talk to her right now. I had just found out some major shocking news, and she is taking it a way different way than me. I just found out she was my mom. Like how is she perfectly fine right now. 

"Do you want me to go?"

"No, I want you to explain, right now".

Katys POV

Why couldn't she have just said yes. I take note on how she has barely looked at me. This was not the way I wanted things to go. I look at her, and I feel pain. I didn't want this moment to be painful. We weren't ready to have this talk yet. 

"Okay, okay. On my terms though. You need to get over on this bed right now".

I see her struggle to get up out of the chair. I quickly find myself by her side, and helping her to my bed. I set her down onto the edge, and quickly drag her up to the pillows. 

"Also, you need to eat something".

I hear her grown at the words I had just said.

"Stop being such a mo-". She suddenly stops and stares at me wide eyed. I laugh, telling her its okay. Quite ironic, but okay. 

"Katy, I am not gonna ask you a shit ton of questions, right now anyways. I feel like gross, and I can't handle this right now. I'm exhausted, and clearly we both didn't expect this to happen. We can forget it for now, I want to discuss this at another time. Not now. When we get back to Cali, I expect you to let me stay at your house, and you explain everything"

This girl sets down the law. I nod, agreeing with her. I lay next to her and wonder how we got to this point. I can tell she is thinking the same thing. I want to know what's going on in her head so badly. I can just feel the awkward building up inside us both. 

"So wanna order a pizza or something?" I ask.

"How about like soup instead?" 

"Sure, I can text Tam and tell her".

Once I hit send to Tam, I feel Alison shift towards me. I look into her eyes, and I wonder how I got my precious baby back. I wonder if it was just a right place, right time type of thing, or if I was meant to find her all along. Either way, I was ecstatic to find out it was actually my Alison. 

"Do you hate me?"

I can see Alison study my face. I see her frown, and her mouth opens to speak.

"I could never hate you, Kay. I am just madly confused. I can't wait to leave, and to go home. I want to hear you explain, what the hell went on tonight. Not only that, but I need to understand what has happened between us. Like did you know what was going on? I am just confused, things will get better though, but no, I do not hate you".

I give her a reassuring smile. Things might just be alright for now. I am thankful she isn't pressing on questions. Partly because she physically sick and tired. When she is fully healthy, and we are home though. I need to be prepared on what she might ask me. I need to say every answer with confidence. I need to make things right with her. I need to make sure she is alright with things, and I most importantly need to make sure that she is not confused anymore. 

I look at Alison and see she is smiling.

"What are you smiling about?"

"I never thought that out of all the people in the world, a international popstar would be my real mom. Also, I never thought that my favorite artist would be my mother either. I would have never imagined ever Kay. It's crazy to understand right now. I am legit waiting for Ashton to come out and everyone to say I had just gotten punk'd".

"Well kid that's not happening this time. You are all mine, no matter what. I know its confusing as hell. To be honest with you, you have taken it quite well".

"That's only cause I am too tired to be mad, or sad, or whatever normal people usually feel. Trust me you aren't off the hook Katheryn".

Oh boy, aren't I the luckiest woman in the world.  

A/N

Hey guys. I hope all of you guys are doing well. Hope you have enjoyed my recent updates. This mother daughter direction, was definitely not the path I had wanted to take. Earlier in this story though I had dropped some hints or weird things about their relationship, just in case I had to take it that way. Anyways heres a new chapter, and I would like to update as soon as possible again for you. Thanks for the reads and votes. Have a great Tuesday.

x

Cynthia