Chapter 19

*Alison's POV*

I feel the plane jerk, as we finally touched the landing strip in sunny California. It feels so good to be home, I missed the cool air, the awesome people, and of course my bed. I just need alone time with Katy. We need to talk and settle things out. I don't think the fact that she is my mom has hit me yet. I need information, before I can even consider believing she is actually my mom. I am a little upset, only finding this out now, considering we've been in each others lives for so long now. I don't think I would mind her being my mom. I mean she already acts like one, but I just thought she was a really good friend looking after me. No blood relation.

"Alison? Are you ready to get off this plane?" Katy looks at me with a concerned face.

"Yeah, let's go home" 

*Katys POV*

Ah, home sweet home. We've finally landed in California after an agonizingly long flight.  I hear the captains intercome come over the plane. 

"Weve landed in LA, California where its 89 degrees and sunny. We hope you've enjoyed your flight and welcome home."

Home. Alison wants to go home. Is that my house? Her house with her parents? Do i ask her what home she means? She did say in Japan that she wants to stay with me while we get things talked through and figured out. I'm just going to assume my house. I'm too jet-lagged and physically exhausted to have this conversation now. I wasn't ready to have this talk with her. I wasn't going to spring this up on her. I was going to talk to her parents. I was going to wait until she was actually searching for me. I guess things just sometimes don't go to plan.

"Katy." Alison calls my name at the front of the plane looking confused. I'm the only one left sitting down as I see my crew funneling out of the plane. I quickly unbuckle my seat belt and grab my bag and rush to the front where Alison stands waiting for me.

I see Tamra waiting for us at the bottom of the stairs. Ugh I feel California's heat as I exit the plane and make my way down to Tamra, Alison in front of me. 

"The car is here for you guys to go home." I look at Tamra as she starts to guide us to our car. I see Brayden watch intently as Alison heads to the opposite side of our car. He rushes next to her and opens the door. She smiles politely and gets in. He closes the door behind her, getting looks from myself and Tamra. 

I get in the car and Tamra shuts the door behind me. What the hell. She isn't coming with us? I roll down my window and shout her to come back. She looks at me confusingly and comes back.

"Whats up?" she asks.

"Where are you going?" I stare at her for her reply.

"Uh, home?"

"Why aren't you coming back with us?"

"You know why."

"No Tam you don't understand I cant do this without you." I whisper so Alison doesn't hear. Tam has been here for her when I couldn't be. What if shit hits the fan? What if I can't get through to her.

"Katy youll be fine."

"Tam I'm begging you."

"Ahem" I hear Alison clear her throat. I look at her intently, waiting for words to flow but none come out. I turn my head back to Tamra and see shes slipping into her own car, throwing a sly wave and mouthing 'I'm sorry' with a quick thumbs up. She really just fucking let me. As I feel my panic attack coming closer I suddenly can't breathe.

"To Katy's house please." Alison says to the driver getting a swift nod. 35 minutes till were home. I have done this drive plenty of times. I need to accept my fate and do this. She deserves an explanation, and I said I'd give her one. I need to accept this and do this for her.

Fuck am I scared.

*Alisons POV*

I look to my side and see Katys nerves have gotten to her. I understand she is having anxiety about this, but what about me. This is happening to me. I just freshly turned 18, am I supposed to have a midlife crisis at 18. Midlife crisis, I'm so dramatic. Katy's my mom. Mom. Mom and Dad. I miss my parents. My adoptive parents? They are still my parents. They have raised me from birth to 18 years. I can't just forget them. They've been there for me my whole life. I can't just let them go. Does she expect me to? What happens from here? What do I tell them. What do I do? My feelings are all over the place. I suddenly start to feel nerves kick in. What am I going to exactly ask Katy? Why she left me? Why she didn't tell me as soon as she found out? Why I learned from my parents? I start to think to hard and cause myself to get a tension headache. God what the fuck happened these past few days. Was I in shock?  I feel my whole world crashing down on me in the matter of seconds. 

My feelings have hit me all at once and it feels like I'm down for the count.