chapter 7

Katys POV

I'm still facing the door, and I'm hearing Alison shuffle over to the couch. I have no clue how I am going to tell her this. I have no clue if  I am going to tell her this. I can tell I've been here too long. I can hear her patiently breathing. I know she wants an explanation, and she will get an explanation. Just how am I supposed to put this, without her parents looking like devils. Her parents aren't too bad, or...okay maybe they are. 

FLASHBACK  (Still in Katy's pov)

Its raining so hard. Alison and I had just had a fun night of pure awesomeness. Shes asleep in the passenger seat, and I am driving her home. I hope her parents don't mind that we are a little late. We just lost track of time. I have so much fun with Alison that its unbelievable. I cant quite remember where Alison lives, so it adds on to the lateness. I am trying with all my might to find this place. Its dark, and raining, i add to a list of excuses. I remember this street! I signal my right turn, and cruise the road. She lives on the very end of this street, I could remember her house from anywhere. It was very big, and I loved her yard. Decorated with flowers, bushes and decorative rocks. I pull up into her driveway. I turn off the car, and turn to Alison, who is still sleeping soundly. I check the time on my phone, and boy is it late. I hope her parents aren't too mad. I guess we should've called. I look back up at Alison to see her unbuckling her seat belt. I do the same, and open my car door. She steps out on the other side, with worry on her face. I hope she just had a bad dream. She pulls a set of keys out of her pocket. She fiddles with them until she finds the front door key. 

"Maybe you should go home now" she says. I look at her with confusion. I want to make sure she gets home safely. Im sure she will, were steps away from her front door, but i want to make sure she will not get into any trouble, since it was surely all my fault. 

"No I am fine. Thank you though" she sighs, and puts the key into the door, turns it and the door comes open. We both step in.

Her mother and father are both in the living room. I can see worry, anger, and happiness on their faces. We couldve made some sort of contact. Again I can blame myself, since I am the adult here. Alison looks at me, and back to her parents. She looks at them knowing whats coming. Except nothing comes. She looks confused, as do i. We wait until one of them speaks.

"Alison, I hope you had fun tonight, I bet youre tired. Say bye to Katy then head to bed" her father speaks. Alison turns to me and gives me a quick hug, with an expression that says 'what the heck', i return the same expression as she looks at me heading towards the stairs. 

I look at her parents, and they look at me. I slowly shuffle myself closer to the front door. To my surprise they let me get pretty close to the door before her mother speaks. 

"Katy, what the heck? You arrive with alison almost 3 hours late" she states. Why did i think i would get off this easily. She looks at me wide eyed. 

"I-I know I should have contacted you. We just lost track of time, it was a mistake." I say genuinly, I know how they feel, my parents felt the same when I came home late, its expected. 

"We've been thinking that this is a bad relationship Katy" her dad chimes in. I slowly think what he just said. They really think that? I consider her as one of my own. 

"What? What do you mean?" I say confused. Alison is one of my best friends, I cant lose her. 

"We don't think youre very responsible Katy, you just dropped Alison off hours late. How can we trust you with her?" her mom says. Oh boy I'm in it deep. 

"You can trust me because you guys know I will never ever let anything happen to her. Over my dead body. I can surely take care of her, I brought her back in one piece yknow" I state, getting defensive.

"Yeah, were just questioning you. The bond between you two is unbreakable, we know, we just dont know how to approach this when you leave." he says. Leave. I haven't even thought about tour, how could i forget. 

"You have got to be joking with me right now! She tells me things that she would never ever tell you! Like how she just needs to feel normal! She knows shes adopted and you wont even give her answers to that! Shes always out with me, because she doesnt want to be here with you!" and with that i opened the door, and left their house. I hopped in my car, and put my key in the ignition. I left the house in wicked fast time, i couldnt bare staying there any longer. 

END OF FLASHBACK

I quickly remember that whole night, in the flash of a moment. Her parents didnt trust me. I dont even know why they let me out with her anymore. Probably because I threw the adoption book right at their faces. I regretted saying that, but I was just so angry, and I really really care about her. 

I turn around and start walking to the couch. My head is down, I do not want to see her. 

I look at her, and she looks at me. I already dont feel like doing this. I mean she lives with them. 

"so are you gonna talk or?" she says. I look at her and nod. I just dont know what to say, well i do. I just dont know how to say it. Fast, and maybe unsettling. Bandaids. 

"Like I said earlier, Im leaving" i state. She looks at me with a 'duh' expression. This girl has some sass. I wait for her to say some smart remark, but she doesnt. 

"I'm leaving, for tour" she again looks at me with the 'duh' expression. "And you" i quickly add.

"I know youre leaving me, Katy, what is this about?" she says, clueless.

"Your parents think im a bad influence on you...they are really mad at me, Alison". i say honestly. I see her facial expression change from confused, to a little angry.

"What do you mean mad at you?! You did nothing wrong!!" she sounds really angry

"Remember when I dropped you off really late at night?' she nods her head, i continue "and they seemed really chill, but really they werent. They were getting on my case, so i sorta told them that the only reason you hang out with me cause you dont wanna hang out with them.." I say honestly, I cant lie in this situation, it wouldnt be fair to her.

"What the heeeck yo" she says with the weirdest movements I have ever seen in my life. 

"Well please dont leave me, Katy" she says, looking up to my eyes. Ow ow ow, my heart. I cant hurt her. 

"I wont" I said. I cant believe we're actually going against her parents. This will be one hell of a ride.