Chapter 39

Hello my readers! 

Sorry this took so long!! I was away for a while, but! While i was away I wrote this chapter and part of Chapter 40.. so! being away was a good thing.. :) 

But! This story is coming to a close!! o.0 yay! I can't believe it! I think I have 6-8 chapters left!! so crazy... this'll be my first novel finished! :D Thanks for sticking with me you all!! Love ya's! :D 

Please read and vote! :) And if ya hate it.. tell me.. :D I haven't gotten hate mail yet.... lol 

ok! Enjoy! maybe.. ;) 

____________________________

Aryanna woke Sheridan hours later. He groaned sleepily and sat up. 

“Already?” he asked his voice thick with sleep. 

Aryanna nodded. “Yes, my turn to sleep,” she said. 

Sheridan stood up trying to force the sleep clinging to him out of his limbs. He slapped himself in the face lightly. 

Aryanna chuckled softly. “I’m sorry, I know you’re tired, you won’t have to do watch tomorrow night. It’ll be mine and Rayne’s turn to take over,” she said. 

Sheridan frowned. “When do you get a break?” he asked. 

Aryanna shrugged. “Don’t worry about it,” she said patting his shoulder. 

Sheridan shook his head but dropped the matter. 

“You awake now?” she asked. 

Sheridan nodded with a smile.

“Good, g’night,” she said pulling her cloak around her shoulders and laid down on her side. 

Sheridan took up a perimeter and kept watch. 

A few hours later he jumped as he heard a stirring from the camp. He looked back and saw James sitting upright, his knees pulled up to his chest. Sheridan frowned as James shuddered and buried his face in his hands. 

Sheridan whistle low to get James’s attention. James’s head snapped up and he looked around for the origin of the sound. 

Sheridan saw his eyes searching and he shifted and stood. 

James frowned and stood, moving carefully through the camp towards Sheridan. Once he was close enough he crouched. “What do you want?” he whispered. 

Sheridan shrugged. “Are you alright?” he asked softly. 

James looked at him, frowning. “What do you mean? I’m fine,” he said. 

Sheridan nodded. “You didn’t look alright over there, what woke you so suddenly?” he asked. 

James looked away and ran a hand over his face and through his hair. “Just a nightmare, don’t worry about it,” he said firmly. 

Sheridan shrugged but nodded. 

“Besides, why do you care?” James asked abruptly. 

Sheridan looked at him sidelong for a moment. “No need to get hostile,” he said calmly. “I was just asking, I’m not a jerk all the time you know,” he said with a slight smile. 

James narrowed his eyes, thinking. 

“I was just asking because you looked rather upset. Forget it, I won’t ask again,” Sheridan said shaking his head.

James sighed. “Ahh, I’m sorry, I wasn’t meaning to be a jerk. I shouldn’t snapped at you,” James said. He frowned. “It’s hard to explain,” he said.