The Guy Who Almost Hit My Car Ch. 13

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

PLEASE!!!

:)

Ever have that feeling where you know something bad is going to happen? The feeling that everything is going to come crashing down?

That’s how I’m feeling right now!

Today’s the day I get to meet Kayden’s family, and I am so not looking forward to it. I just sense that things are going to go horribly wrong there. And if there’s one thing I like to avoid, it’s being in ‘this is so dreadful, I think I’m going to die’ situations. Kayden, on the other hand, thinks that I’m going to have a great time there.

“Come on Jacky, they are going to love you!” Kayden pleads, trying to pull me out the door. That’s the line he’s been using for the past thirty minutes, and so far, it hasn’t worked.

“No they’re not! They are going to hate me! I know it!” I protest, gluing my feet to the floor. I was really freaking out about this. My hands were all sweaty, and my heart was beating one hundred times faster than normal. I’m surprised I haven’t had a heart attack yet!

“You’re overreacting.” Kayden says, pulling my arm again. I ground my teeth together in annoyance.

“Kayden, I swear, if you keep pulling my arm, it’s going to fall off!”

“At least I’ll have something to show my grandparents.” he jokes. I send him a death glare, making his smile falter. “C’mon, they really want to meet you.”

I huff and lean against the wall. My feet were screaming for me to sit down. Yeah, like I was going to do that. Kayden would just drag me across the floor. That’s how bad he wants me to go.

“I. Don’t. Want. To. Go.”

Kayden shakes his head, and lets out a dramatic sigh.

“Fine. I’ll just go all by myself. I won’t have anyone to talk to for the hour and a half drive. My grandparents will yell at me. My aunt will be disappointed.” he says in a depressing tone, fake sobbing. “But most of all, I’ll miss you. I won’t have anyone to hold at night. There will be no one to make me smile or laugh. It will just be me, myself, and I.” He pouts. I roll my eyes at him. “Farewell, Jacky Pierski.” He gives me a salute, and walks toward the door with his head down. I sigh.

“Fine… I’ll go.” I tell him. 

He lifts his head up, and sends me one of his breath-taking smiles. He walks toward me in long, lean strides, and places his hands on the wall on both sides of my head.

“I honestly don’t know what you’re scared of. It’s just meeting my family. Ever since I started calling them again, and talking about you, they’ve been practically begging to meet you. They will love you.” He murmurs.

“How do you know?” I ask, my voice shaky. He smiles, and brushes his thumb gently against my cheek, making it burn from his touch. He leans down, until our lips are centimeters apart.

“Because I love you.” he mumbles, closing the distance between us, and pressing his lips to mine. His arms instantly move to my waist, pulling me against him. It’s a short kiss, and when he pulls away, I can’t help but want more.

“I love you.” I whisper, as he plants blazing kisses down my neck.

“I love you so much.” he whispers back. He pulls me into a hug, and I rest my head in the crook of his neck. We stand there in silence, relishing in complete bliss.