The Guy Who Almost Hit My Car Ch. 19

Votes

Fanning

&

Comments

are most appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Chapter 19

I awoke to something warm pressed up against me. On instinct, I snuggled closer, smiling at the comfort, and inhaled the familiar scent deeply, sighing in complete bliss. I don’t think I ever want to get up.

Suddenly, it was vibrating and chuckling.

I snapped my eyes open to meet a pair of glimmering deep blue ones. I gasped in shock, and tried to put as much distance between us.

“What the he-ooff!” I muffled as I fell off the bed, my face coming in contact with the floor. I groaned, and sat up, rubbing my now flat nose. Kayden was full out laughing on the bed.

“That was, hahaha, the funniest, haha, thing ever!” he exclaimed, breathlessly. I cursed under my breath, and glared at him in annoyance.

“What the hell are you doing in here?!” I muttered angrily.

He immediately stopped laughing, and looked at me, confused. His lips curved into a frown.

“What?” I growled, narrowing my eyes at him.

“You don’t remember?” he asked, raising his left eyebrow.

“Remember what?” I retorted, puzzled. Was I supposed to know something? He sighed, and scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

“I heard you talking to yourself in your sleep, so I went to check up on you. You were crying.” He clarified, looking at me intensely. “You looked like you were in so much pain. I comforted you.”

“W-what did I say?” I asked anxiously, wanting to know if I had said anything embarrassing. He shook his head.

“I couldn’t understand any of it, but I thought I heard you say my name…” He trailed off and shrugged. “You really don’t remember?”

I thought for a moment, but nothing came to mind. All I remembered if falling asleep.

“Nope. Don’t remember any of it.” I said, looking at him apologetically. He smiled and nodded his head. Then he shot up from the bed and hurried toward the door. “Um, Kayden?” I squeaked, just as he was about to walk out. He snapped his head around, and glanced at me.

“Yeah?”

I chewed my bottom lip and nervously said, “Thank you. For last night. Even though I have no memory of it, I still appreciate what you did.” I noticed his face fall a little, but he quickly covered it up with a dazzling smile.

“Anytime.” He mumbled. And then he walked out.

As soon as he was out of sight, I sat down on the side of the bed, and shook my head sadly.

For a minute, I actually thought that he had gotten his memory back. That he woke up in the middle of the night remembering everything, and moved to sleep with me. For a moment…I believed that everything was going to be fine.

But things weren’t going to be anywhere near fine. He’d never get his memories back. For god sakes, it’s already been two weeks! I was just waiting for something that was never going to happen.

How long was I going to wait?

A few more months?

A year?

Two years?

There was no point. It would just hurt me more in the end. I was wasting my time. I had to get on with my life.