The Guy Who Almost Hit My Car Ch. 20

Hey guys :) So this is the last chapter!!!!! :D

So please..

Comment

Vote

Or Fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^Do at least one of those things?^ ;)

Chapter 20

The peaceful train ride home took almost three hours, seeing as they were other stops on the way. The whole time, I sat there, just staring out the window. I thought about my future. I would have to work really hard. First, I needed to find a job. Then I’d save up some money, and maybe I might be able to attend college.

Maybe…

Kayden’s grandparents had offered me the apartment, and volunteered to help with the payments until I got my life back on track. Since I had nowhere else to go, I reluctantly accepted, and promised to pay them back once I got a job. I was very grateful, but at the same time, I wanted nothing to do with them. They were nice people, but keeping in touch with them would only remind me of him. I didn’t exactly want to forget him, but having him on my mind would only make moving on more difficult. I’d remember all those times we’ve spent together, the promises that he’d made. Just thinking about it now made my heart ache.

One of the other reasons why I was hesitant on taking the apartment. All that place held were the memories of me and him. Our laughs. Our arguments. Our love.

Taking it was the only option though, since my ‘parents’ practically hated my very existence. They would do anything to make my life a miserable hell. I wasn’t about to take a risk, when everything was already falling apart. And they would ask about Kayden. I didn’t want to give them the satisfaction of rubbing what happened between us in my face.

The train came to a bumpy stop, and I looked out the window to be greeted with the sign ‘Welcome To Carnegie Station’. I sighed and quickly got off the train. It was dark outside, the only light being the dim street lamps. The roads were also empty. No sign of a cab.

I shrugged carelessly, and started on the sidewalk. Guess I’m walking home. Sound familiar?

The night was cool and eerily silent. I shivered a little, and wished I had worn a sweater. Instead, I was in a Paramore band t-shirt and jeans. There was a sweater in my bag, but stopping and getting it out was too much of a hazard. It was dark and I was the only one walking outside. Anything could happen.

I quickened my pace, the sound of my footsteps echoing through the deserted streets. I wondered what time it was. It seemed that people were already asleep. It wasn’t that late, was it? And why am I getting this weird feeling that something’s going to happen? It was sending involuntary chills down my spine. 

The row of apartment houses came into view, and I breathed a sigh of relief. I reached the entrance and pushed the door. It didn’t budge. I raised my eyebrows, distraught. What, did they lock the entrance doors now? Then  my eyes caught the sign that said ‘pull’. I shook my head, feeling stupid. I really needed to sleep. I pulled the door open, and slipped in silently. My converse made small tapping noises as I walked toward the elevator. The doors dinged open, and I stepped inside, pressing 5 as the doors closed. I waited impatiently, tapping my foot, wanting to go to sleep already.

The doors dinged again as they opened and I stepped out into the dim-lit narrow hallway. I walked to the door that said 176, got my keys out and unlocked it. My hands froze on the door knob, when I had that weird tingly feeling again.

I glanced down each end of the hallway, and came up with nothing. I laughed silently.

“Stop being so paranoid.” I scolded myself. “If you keep this up, you might even reach insanity.”