Chapter 8

I get to the college and call my mom. I was suppose to call her every once in awhile to tell her how I was doing.

"Hey Mom it's Madison!"

"I miss you so much," my mom says sounding like shes about to cry.

"I know, I miss you too, college is great but the work is tough."

"Oh honey I'm so proud of you and your sister."

"I know."

"Do you hang out with Marisa there?"

"No not really, we talk but shes usually busy with her new boy..." I shut my mouth before finishing the sentence because I don't think Marisa wanted mom to know she had a boyfriend yet.

"WHAT?? She has a boyfriend????"

"Um."

I knew it was to late to hide it now.

"Yes she has boyfriend Mom."

"What? Why didn't she tell me?"

"She's probably waiting a few more weeks till their more serious, I don't know?" I shrug forgetting she can't see me.

"I can't believe she didn't tell me," my mom says with sadness in her voice.

"Sorry mom."

"What are you doing Madison?"

"Getting ready for work."

"Do you and Marisa work together at Wesco at the same time?"

"Yup."

"I can't believe you too work together. It's so cute." My mom says.

"Mom!"

"So do you have a boyfriend too then?"

"Nope. I'm single for life," I say frowning.

"Oh no you will find someone too but when you do tell me, don't keep it from me like Marisa did."

"Okay." I smile.

"Love you, oh I have to go your Dad needs help making the pizza."

"Ha... Your having pizza for dinner again." I think about all the times mom and Dad made pizza some things never change.

"Yeah... Bye tweety."

Yeah my mom gave me a bird cartoon nickname. As long as she don't call me that while people are around then we are good.

"Okay love you too bye." I hang up my phone and drive with Marisa to work to save on my gas and since we work together.
************

"Mom called me Madison!" Marisa says with a little anger in her voice.

"Yeah she called me too." I say calmly trying to play it cool.

"She said you told her I have a boyfriend."

I nod.

"Why did you tell her??"

"I didn't mean to. It just slipped out."

"I didn't want her to know right now."

"I know, I'm sorry. I thought she already knew," I lied.

"Well whatever. She knows now."

"So what did she say? Was she mad at you for not telling her?" I ask curious.

"What do you think?" Marisa says frowning.

"She was mad at you."

"Yeah she was a little mad, but I don't care that shes mad."

"Then why are acting all mad about her finding out?!?!"

"Because now she wants to meet him. I have to bring him back home to meet mom and Dad for dinner. I'm nervous, that they won't like him and I really like him. He's really sweet and sexy and ..."

"Wow!" I interrupt her.

"Yeah." Marisa Parks into the Wesco parking lot.

"Well hope everything goes good for you."

"Madison can I ask you a favor?"

"What?"

"Will you come back home with me when I have dinner with mom and dad and Tyler. "

"Sure." I really didn't want to but I had to for Marisa since I felt like I got her into this mess and thought I owed her. "But when are you bringing him home for dinner?" I ask.

"I don't know, maybe in a few weeks." Marisa says shrugging.

We walk into Wesco and do our work.

I work at the register and Marisa takes care of the supplies like the popcorn and slushies.

We work till midnight. It's only 6 o'clock right now. Well this is going to be a long day since I already have cramps and feel like total crap!

**********

A few hours later I grab a chair from the back room and sit on it behind the register. I still feel like total crap. Plus I'm tired. I can't wait to get back to my room and sleep.

"Marisa what time is it," I ask putting my head on the register table.

"It's 11:30." Marisa says sweeping the floor.

"Uhhg only a half an hour and we can leave."

"Yup."

I look around and the store is empty. Only one car in the parking lot and that's Marisa's.

"Why can't we leave now, no ones here." I say putting my head back down.

"Yeah."

A few minutes later I just stay with my head put down.

I then here someone cough and say," Excuse me."

"Madison," Marisa yells at me," we got customers."

I stood up startled," sorry about that," I then recognize Cody.

"Cody?"

"Hey, um I didn't know you and Marisa worked here." He looked at Marisa then me then let out a little smile.

"Yeah, I know shocker." I look to his right and see a pretty brown haired girl standing by him holding a pop and bag of chips in her hands.

I feel a little jealous. I don't know why? I mean I don't even like Cody! Wait do I? Oh no.

The girl puts the stuff on the register table. She blows a pink bubble and pops it by chewing it again. Oh she was those kind of girls.

"Your total will be $3.50" I say looking at the girl.

"He's paying," she looks at Cody and holds out her hand.

He looks surprised like he was expecting for her to buy it.

"I don't have money on me," he says looking at her.

"Yeah you do, "she reaches in his butt pocket and pulls out a black wallet. "See!" She smiles. She looks inside and pulls out a $5 bill and hands it to me.

I take the money and try to hand Cody back the change but the girl takes it and puts in her bra smiling. As they walked out she held his hand.

Ew who was that girl?

"Ooh is somebody Jealous?" Marisa teases me.

"Eww No!" I lie.