Chapter 17

One and a half month later.

Jane Foster

My phone began ringing in its annoying tone. "How do I change the ringtone on this thing," I say to myself, picking up the phone.

"An astrophysicist with three degrees should be able to change her own ringtone," Darcy says over the phone.

I turn to see her walking behind me, "Why are you calling me?" "I don't wanna shout," she replies.

I roll my eyes and keep walking. Three children approach us. "Are you cops?" One says. "We're scientists. Well, I am," I say.

"We just found it. We don't know what it is," the girl says. "Can you show us?"

The tallest boy approaches a truck inside of the abandoned warehouse. He rests his hand under it and pushes it up. I gasp when the truck moves up and floats in mid air.

The children then leads us to a railing that leans over the first floor. One of them throws a bottle over the edge. The bottle disappears and reappears above. The bottle goes in a cycle until one of the children snatch it out of the air.

Darcy and Ian stand playing with the anomaly. I feel a gust of wind, that turns my head to the side. Not knowing what else to do, I walk in that direction. I follow the gust down the hall.

I walk toward the door, when I step through one of the anomalies. I end up in a completely different place.

It looks like some sort of nether, but it's not very hot. I approach two slabs, seemingly suspended above each other. I look between them and see some sort of red gas in between.

I reach for it and it enters my arm. I fall back and go unconscious.

Thor

"How is she?" I say approaching Heimdall. "She is as she always was. Curious. I- I can't see her," Heimdall frowns. My smile fades as well.

"What?"

Jane

I wake up in the hall of the warehouse. "Jane! Jane, wake up!" Darcy violently shakes me. I sit up and look around. "Where did you go?" "I... Don't know."

"C'mon!" Darcy says dragging me to my feet. Cops swarm outside like angry bees. "Why'd you called the cops?" I ask? "You were gone for three hours! I panicked!" "We had the place to ourselves! Our competition were twelve year olds! Now we're gonna have SHIELD swarming around, Area 51-ing the place!"

I look around and see that the rain is cut off around me.  A large dry circle somewhere around 20 ft in diameter.

I look away from Darcy in anger and see Thor, standing behind some crates. "Hold this," I say shoving my phone at Darcy. As I go towards Thor, Darcy is no longer within 20 feet of me, so she gets soaked. "Typical," she says.

I approach Thor. "Jane, I-" I cut him off by slapping him across the face. "Sorry. I just needed to make sure you were real. It's been a very strange day," I say.

"I am. Jane, what-" I slap him again. "Where were you?" I demand. "The bifrost was damaged. I could not," he tries to explain.

"But you were in New York," I say. "It took an awful amount of dark magic to do that," he says. Darcy walks over with her jacket over her head. She puts it back on once she's in the strange 'ring of no rain.'

I look and see Ian being searched. I go to see what gives. "Do you know this man?" The cop asks me. I nod, "he's my intern. Well, my intern's intern."

The man grabs my arm and a burst of red energy pushes him back. I fall to the ground. Thor rushes over to help me up. "Freeze!" The man yells pointing a gun, "she's dangerous!" "So am I," Thor says, swinging Mjolnir around.

____________________________________

Thor

I take Jane to Asgard, despite Odin's being against mortals in Asgard. She needs to see a healer. "Welcome to Asgard," Heimdall smiles.