Chapter 12

Leidi

"C'mon Fandral. At least make it a challenge," I whine, cornering him once more.

Loki and Thor are playing a strange game with Volstagg. They are trying to knock him over without the use of magic or Mjolnir.

It's been weeks since Loki's been released, and he's taking full advantage of his chance. His lips have long since healed.

But the All-Father doesn't trust him completely. So I sleep on a chair in his room just to put his mind at ease.

"Alright then," Fandral grins, "Loki! Come here! Thor can cow-tip on his own!" Loki laughs and comes over.

Fandral tosses him a practice sword. Loki stares at it then Fandral, then me. He looks completely lost.

Fandral looks back at me. "Try fighting both of us at once," he smirks.

"What? That's no fair! It's not my fault you're a poor swordsman!" I whine. Loki laughs again.

"So you're afraid to lose aren't you," Fandral teases. "No," I defend, "Thor?" "I'm busy! Resolve it yourself this time!" "Loki?" He only raises his sword in response. "Fine," I surrender.

The battle was much easier than I'd thought. I'd already disarmed Fandral and cornered him and was left to fight Loki on my own.

We swap positions repeatedly. One moment, I have the upper hand, the next he has it.

He knocks the sword from my hand and tries to corner me, but I catch the tip of his blade. I attempt to wrench it from his hand, but no avail.

I shoot forward and elbow the sword out of his hand. "Oooh," Fandral winces, "you're gonna have to fight her by hand, Loki! Win it for us!"

A grin creeps across Loki's face as he lunges and swings at me. I duck and grab his arm , twisting it around, but he catches my wrist, pinning it behind me

I lift my foot and bring it down on his, hard. He cries out and let's go of me. I turn and tackle him to the ground, straddling his waist and pinning his arms to the side of his head.

"I win," I say proudly. "Fine then, don't mind me," he says before disappearing. "Dammit Loki!" I yell as he grabs me from behind and pins me down the next minute.

"Now I win," he says. "Yes! Loki wins," Fandral exclaims. Loki smiles down at me, happy with being finally accepted.

Loki was improving. He was seemingly happy. Things were almost perfect since there's no such thing as perfection. But this was as close as possible.

"C'mon, Leidi," he insists. "No. It's immoral of a woman to sleep with a man before she is married," I counter. "Please? When have I ever cared about morals?" "No." "Please?" "No." "Please?"

"Loki, no means no." "Well I don't like no. Especially not from you." He pouts. I laugh. He looks adorable when he pouts. "That's not going to work," I state.

He seemingly gives up, but takes a step toward me and puts his arm around my waist and pulls me toward him. He lifts my chin, so I have to look at him.

"Remember the dream? When I stabbed you?" He says with dead seriousness in his eyes. "Why did you?" I ask nervously. He's not gonna stab me for real is he?

"I wanted to show you how much danger you put yourself in when you and I became acquainted," he says, "But think before that. When I asked if you were spoken for."

"I'm not," I say. And it's true. No man would look twice at me. No sane man.

"All men are fools then," he says. I blink at him, wide eyed. He can't. It can't be happening in truth.

He leans down and shuts his eyes. His soft cold lips are pressed against mine. I gasp a little against his mouth and he smirks, pulling back.

"You need not be afraid this time. I'm not going to harm you, love," he says. Oh, All-Father. Did he say love?

He presses his lips to mine again and I return it this time. I wrap my hands around his neck and run my hands through his long black hair. He keeps one hand on my waist and the other still rests under my chin.

"Please?" He says. "You're still on that?" I whine. "Yes," he grins, "c'mon."

He tugs my hand and sits on the mattress pulling me down on his lap, pressing opened mouth kisses to my neck. I flip my head back and bite back a moan.

He flips us over and pushes me against the soft mattress. He laid his weight between my legs and kissed me softly but passionately. He pulls back and leans on his elbows.

He sits up, and pulls his shirt off. Not his armor but the baggy tunic he sleeps in. Only then do I realize my shortage in clothes. I wear nothing but a short nightgown. It stops just below my arse.

I turn bright red as he leans down and wraps his arms around me, covering my small frame with his. I let out something between a whimper and a moan.

He reaches for the hem of my nightgown and starts pulling it up. I stop his hand. I can't do this. I'm not ready. I can't

He looks at me with confusion, but pulls his hand away. "I'm sorry, Loki. I'm not... I'm not..." He cuts me off by pressing his lips to mine.

"It's okay, I understand," he says when he pulls back. He rolls off of me and lies on my side, then pulls me into his chest.

I gasp softly, but I relax into his chest anyway. His skin is cool like my own. But he has scars on his back. I'm about to ask where they came from, but his breath falls even.

I pry his arms off of me and continue to go sleep in the chair. His hand wraps around my wrist, "you're not going anywhere," he mumbles.

I try to pull his fingers off, but he grabs my other wrist and pulls me back to him. I decide that it's futile to fight it anymore and just close my eyes.

For once, I drift into a dreamless sleep.