Chapter 25

Loki

Oh dear. Leidi's been missing for hours. We have a clue in which direction she went in, but she could have turned. Jane stayed home in case she went back. Thor flew over to see where she was. I went straight on foot. I hope she went straight.

I've crossed 13 streets before stopping to catch my breath. I lean against some sort of metallic pole. "LOKI!!!" Screams pierce the normal sounds of Midgardian life. I run in the direction of the screams, crossing one more street before seeing him. That bastard.

He had an arm around her waist and one over her mouth. Her eyes shut from the drinks. Baldr doesn't notice me. He drags Leidi into a building that looks similar to Jane's home. I chase after him, but he shuts the door and locks it in my face.

I back up a little before running to the door, slamming my shoulder against it. A bloodcurdling shriek is heard and I hit the door again. I repeat my motions before hearing another terrifying scream.

After a long time of trying, the door gives out and I burst through. Another scream is heard. Baldr is nowhere in sight. I don't think he heard the door break either because I hear another scream. But it seems to be coming from above me.

Leidi

I feel hot and dizzy and blinded by pain. It's hurting. Yet he's relentless. He slams himself into me once more and I shriek. Tears violently pour from my eyes. He nips at the soft skin in my neck, holding my head back.

I grab a fistful of his hair in attempt to wrench him away from me, but he doesn't budge. Instead he pulls out of me and enters again. He doesn't let the pain subside before doing it again. I scream again. I hear splintering wood and a repeated bang noise from downstairs. I scream louder in attempt to drown out the noise. Or at least to alert whoever is her where I am.

I hear the door burst open and some stumbling. I shriek again and whoever it is follows my sound. I struggle against Baldr, trying to push him off. But he doesn't stop. It hurts. I can't scream anymore. "Loki," I whimper.

Loki

I run around the house but I can't seem to find any sort of stairs. The screams seem to end. I can't hear anything but a small muffled whimper. If only I could find anyway up there.

I try every door. I bust through the ones that are locked. My head hurts and my shoulders throb. I can't find her. I've failed her. There's one door left, I approach it, but I'm so tired. And this jacket isn't helping.

I sweat and each drop freezes and falls to the floor. I was wrong when I said the jackets wouldn't kill us. I thought it would only be for a little while then we'd be able to take them off.

But I still fall forward into a hazy sleep. I've failed you, Leidi. I'm sorry.

Sorry about the short chapter. Really we kind of argue over these things. Also we're trying to finish this story before our friend will never be the same. We want whatever remains of her to see this before she goes. We're kind of in a hurry. So sorry about the shortness of the chapters.
-Savannah, Leidi, and Skuld
In loving memory of our friend.
Ps there's a book of poems she started under Savannah's name but couldn't finish. Check out whatever she started. We think it's adorable.