Chapter 6 - The Boy With The Mask

Chapter 6:

Caden looked from his mom to me to my mum to his mum to me and it goes on and on for like forever.

His mouth was open and his eyes were wide. This was so not the Caden that I saw in school.

"Caden, look its our new neighbors!" Sam points out. If it was even possible, I swear I saw Cadens eyes widen more.

I smirk, "Close your mouth pretty boy." Caden closes his mouth and glares at me, then smirks right back at me.

"I know you can't stay away from me and all, Ashley but I do need my personal space."

I frown. "What?"

Cadens' smirk gets wider. "First stalking in school, now getting a house next door to me, really Ashley?" He shakes his head disapprovingly.

I roll my eyes. "In your dreams Caden!" I fiercely say.

I notice throughout my conversation with him, Sam and my mum have been silent and giving each other knowing smiles to each other.

Sam looks at Caden. "Caden sweety, take Ashley upstairs with you, I need to talk to Clarissa."

I frown. "Can't I stay down here?" I whine, giving Sam and mum my puppy dog eyes, which always seem to work on people.

Mum stares at my puppy dog expression and her face softens.

"Its okay, Ms Roberts, I'll look after Ashley." Caden says. Damn you Caden! My mum was totally going to say yes.

My mum gives Caden a heart warming smile. "Thank you Hon!"

I glare at Caden, while I'm getting up and follow him upstairs.

"AND NO DIRTY STUFF!" Sam and mum yell from downstairs, then I hear mum and Sam giggling.

I frown and mumble a 'as if!' but i'm sure I heard Caden mumble a 'I wish!" I shake my head fiercely, I must have imagined that, why would a hard time player like Caden ever like me? A normal, plain girl who has no special qualities.

He walks into a messy plain boyish room. Blue wallpaper but very simple. Loads of dirty clothes on the bed and scattered on the floor. King-sized bed. Plasma TV and iMac at the side. Definitely Cadens.

I follow him in and stand staring around the room. He sits on his computer chair and starts tapping on his iMac.

I clear my throat, just in case he forgot about me. He glances at me and stares.

"What?!" I ask, annoyed.

"Sit down." He says nodding towards his sofa. God, this is like a freaking doctor appointment.

"Well I would but its full of..." I pick up one of the many dirty tops on the floor "These."

"Oh sorry! Princess hates mess, huh?" He says, not moving from his seat.

"Yeah, so what if I do?" I growl.

"No reason." He says, shaking his head grinning.

I pick up most of the clothes on the sofa and sit on the tip. Caden goes back to tapping on his computer.

"Caden.." I whisper.

"Hm...?" He turns to look at me, surprised that I'm not actually being mean to him.

"I'm sorry about your dad, I didn't mean to say that at school earlier today." I whisper again.

"I'm sorry about your dad too." He says back, softly. He stares at me making my heart suddenly skip a beat.

Okay, this was turning terribly cliched. I break the eye contact and look at his posters, my heart still hammering at 100 miles a hour.

He had lots of Megan fox and other half naked girls on his wall which is normal but I noticed right in the corner of his wall, he had a picture of Every Avenue - a band I LOVE!

I start squealing. I know what you would be thinking, 'wow Ashley, very mature!' but seriously I love this band, so much.

"Whats wrong Ash?" Caden asks, completely confused with my reaction.

"You like Every Avenue?" I shriek excitedly.

His worried expression turns into a amused expression in a second. "Yes...I do!" He says slowly.

"Well why didn't you tell me?" I ask , annoyed.

"You didn't ask." He states.

I frown. "Why would I ask if I didn't know!?" I shout at him.

"Calm down, it's only a bloody band!" He shouts back.

"Its not just any 'bloody band', they're my idols!" I shout.

"They're mine as well Ashley." Caden says, looking at the floor.

"Oh..."

Caden looks at me and smirks. He comes over and sits next to me on the sofa.

"Whats your favorite color then?" He asks.

"Red.."

And you know what surprised me the most?

We actually got on.

~~

Me and Caden actually have a lot in common. But it's not like that means anything, he'll still be the same cocky awful player.

I look at the clock and gasp in reality.

"Caden! It's 11'Oclock!"

"Really?"

I stand up and speed walk to the door.

"Bye Ashley." Caden says while I turn to look back at him. 

His eyes meet mine and I look away quickly and walk out of his room. 

"Bye Caden..." I whisper to myself as I go downstairs.

~~

THE NEXT MORNING

I put my tight black skinny jeans and a flowery top. I put a leather jacket on top and a stroke of mascara.

Checking the clock again, I quickly brush my teeth in the en suite and fluff up my hair. Running downstairs and through the door, I shout "Bye mum!" and run out without waiting for a answer.

I woke up late this morning so I had to hurry to school.

Today, I thought I could give Caden a chance, because I know there's a nicer side to him and I noticed that side of him yesterday.

I rush in school and look at my schedule.

PE.

Shit! I hate PE. Well, I guess every girl does, except really sporty ones or really slutty ones that just like PE to stare at boys in there white vest and shorts.

I see Caden in the hallway. Why isn't he in lesson? I really don't get this boy sometimes.

He's with most of his friends, who I have to mention are really HOT but in my opinion don't really meet up to his looks, don't ask me why but Cadens like the Greek God of this school.

I smile and wave . The boys look at me, their eyes full of lust (I guess the skinny jeans were a bad idea then...) Caden follows their gazes and looks at me and his mouth falls a bit but he quickly shuts it and looks away, ignoring me.

I have to say I was hurt. Why was he ignoring me? When, I eventually thought I could trust him, he acts like this. I knew I should have never trusted a player.

I walk ahead to PE and get changed, I really don't care about PE anymore. Sighing, I sit down on the bench.

That boy really does wear a mask...