Chapter 34 - The Middle

• Dedicated to Everyone who's been supportive<3

Chapter 34:

ASHLEYS POV:

Everything that happened in the last four years spill out my mouth as I looked down and watch the now disowned murky brown coffee. All my emotions and thoughts mix with the explanation and I couldn't bare to look up to see Cadens face. I knew he'd be angry but when I finally looked up after explaining everything there was only two emotions going across his face: burning fury and...worry.

The emotion that shocked me the most was worry. It was a strange emotion to me. I hadn't experienced it in four years and here comes the boy I loved, carrying his usual burden of worry for me. 

This confused me more than ever. Caden still cared for me?

His hands that were put lazily on the table in front of us turned into fists, his eyes firing up and his body shook with anger radiating from his body.

"He's going to die. I swear to god, Ash. Where is he?!" He hisses. I just remain staring at him, no thoughts going through my head.

"Ash?!" Caden says through his teeth, snapping me out of my trance.

"Cade, you can't do anything. H-he's gone on a...business trip..." I say, quietly. A business trip was the best way to explain it.

"HE FUCKING RAPED YOU EVERY SINGLE NIGHT, HE ABUSED YOU AS SOON AS YOU ANGERED HIM AND HE TREATED YOU AS HIS OWN PERSONAL SLAVE, HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU STAY SO CALM?!" He explodes. He clenches and unclenches his fists as he speaks. 

Cadens sudden anger seemed to have brought the attention of customers, who were once tired but now looked wide-eyed in shock, and they were looking at us curiously.

They all look away as Cadens settles his glare on them and I would have burst out laughing if Caden wasn't so angry.

Maggie looks at me and I just smile back at her, she was probably wondering if she should call for help but my smile seemed to have done its job and she nods and smiles back, looking like she knew what was happening even though she didn't know half of it. 

I sigh and look back at Caden, who was currently glaring at me. "Cade, calm the hell down and listen. I'm used to Chris's...moods," I look down at my watch, "And I should probably be going back before Chris's friends assume I ran away."

I get up from my seat and Caden immediately stands up after me, shaking his head vigorously. "You think I'm gonna let you go after so many years of not seeing you, just like that?" He clicks his fingers and his blue eyes stare into my own green ones which makes my toes curl in my shoes. 

He seemed to have calmed down for now...

He doesn't wait for my reply and continues talking, "I want you to experience my current world before you go." 

And just that simple sentence spins my entire world once again.

~~

"So this is where I've been slaving away for the last 3 years..." Caden waves his hands in front of the intricately designed college in front of me. It was slightly large with white bricks and about 3 floors. College students were strolling in and out of the entrance and some just stood outside in large groups. 

For some reason, this scene reminded me of a maturer and older version of my old high school. A thought run through my head, I wonder if Sam was still a head teacher there? I didn't wanna ask Caden...not yet...

I laugh and shake my head, "It seems fun!" I exclaim with enthusiasm.

Caden lifts a eyebrow, "If studying half the time sounds like fun...then whatever you say." He mutters quietly. I bump my shoulder into his side and walk forward, laughing.