Chapter 10 - Wake Up, Sleepy Head!

Chapter 10:

"Ashley.." I hear someone whisper warmly against my ear. Hmm, why do I feel weight on my body? It must be my dream.

"Ashley.." I heard a voice say louder, I move a bit, making sure this is reality.

"ASHLEY!" The person shouted in my ear. OW, I shot up and open my eyes. Instantly I felt the weight on my back go. Rubbing my eyes, I see Caden sitting on my bed crossed legged, staring at me in amusement.

"WHAT?!" I scream at him.

"School time." I groan and look at my alarm clock, 5:00 am. Wait 5:00 am? I normally wake up at 6am, the idiot. I glare at Caden and notice he's still in his PJs bottom with no top on. I try to distract my eyes from looking at his nice toned six-pack, mmm.

"You jerk, it's only 5am!" I whisper loudly, carefully so I don't wake up Sam.

He rolls his eyes. "I normally wake up at 5." He states.

"So? I wake up at 6am, you don't interrupt peoples sleep Caden!" I whisper loudly again.

"Like I said you should calm down on the beauty sleep Ash." He says, shaking his head disapprovingly.

"Like I said you're an annoying bastard." I say mocking him.

He put his hand to his heart. "Ouch princess, that hurt."

"I want to go to sleep!" I whine. He rolls his eyes and stands up to stand at the side of my bed. "Well, you can't because we have school."

I roll my eyes and lie back on my bed. I turn and stuff my face in my pillow. I feel the bed deepen next to me. I move the pillow from my face and find Caden lying next to me with a big grin on his face.

"I thought you said you wake up at 5?" I asked.

"Not anymore." He says smirking at me.

"Can you go back to your own bed, please?"

"Nope." He says standing on his ground, with a small smirk playing on his lips.

"Can you please go to your bed?" I ask again, saying it more desperately and angrily. The jerk really is getting on my damn nerves.

"Nope." I sigh and give up, there was no point in arguing with this selfish idiot. I turn on my side, my back turned to him and stare at the sky blue walls, this room really is beautiful.

A pair of hands creep around my waist and I squeal in surprise. "Maybe we could miss school?" A warm voice whispers in my ears.

I roll my eyes. "In your perverted dreams, boy." I say, not even bothering to turn around, I am not going to give Caden a bigger ego by arguing with him and blurting stupid stuff at him, half-asleep.

I hear a light chuckle in my ear. I take his arm away from my waist and shuffle further away from him, so I'm at the tip of the bed, nearly falling over. But the jerk doesn't take the hint and just shuffles with me, his front pressing against my back.

I jump out of the bed and cross my arms across my chest, looking at Caden on my bed with no shirt on, the asshole!

He looks up at me and I scowl at him. He shakes his head and laughs quietly, what the fuck? I give him a WTF look and he just laughs to himself again. I swear if he's going to annoy me, I might just ki-

"You're so cute, when you make faces like that."  He says giving me a cheesy grin, while interrupting my thoughts. Wait? Did I just hear the biggest player in my high school, say... cute?

"Did you just say 'cute'?" I mimic my hands in to quotation marks around cute. This time its his turn to give me WTF look.

"Yeah why?" He asks, his head tilting to the other side.

"Nothing." I say secretively.

He shrugs. "Whatever crazy girl." He mumbles to himself. I can just about here him. How dare that freaking idiot say I'm crazy, he's the one that woke me up at 5 in the morning and disrupting my beauty sleep, like he often says.

I point at the door and give him my sternest look. "Out." I grit my teeth.

"You think I'm gonna get out when your face is looking like that, hell no!" He says, double-over laughing.

I soften my face a bit and repeat what I said. "Out." I say again.

"Better."  He says and jumps out of the bed to the door, shutting the door behind him. I sigh and sit on my bed, might as well get changed, the jerk already lost all my precious sleep.

I walk to the door and enter the bathroom that was situated in the upstairs hallway. I lock the door behind me and strip down and walk in the shower unit. A nice warm shower might fully wake me up.

I put the shower button higher than I normally do and let my muscles release when the hot water hits my body. Ahh, much better.

I step out of the shower and wrap my body in the fluffy white towel and grab my red towel to dry my hair.

I open the door and look around incase anyone was here that I don't want here. Uh like..Caden.

Tiptoeing to my room, I hear a footstep behind me. I swiftly turn around to see Sam. Phew!

"Hey." I say waving my hand, to the formal-looking Sam. She was in a suit and her hair was scraped back from her face into a bun. She looks so different from when shes at school to home.

"Hey Ashley, getting ready for school?" She asks, raising her eyebrow.

"Yeah, I was just gonna..." I say motioning towards the door of my room.

Sam grins and waves her hand, telling me I can go. How weird, talking to my headteacher in just a towel and nothing else?

I walk in my room and lock the door. I choose a white plain shirt  and put a plaid blue and pink top on, I pull my faded blue skinny jeans on and apply a small amount of makeup, while putting my black converse on.

I grab my blue side bag on, and leave my room. I skip downstairs and enter the really clean sparkling kitchen. I see Caden sitting at the kitchen island stool eating toast while eyeing me up in the door frame. I frown and sit down opposite him.

He gives me a buttery smile. He's wearing a button up light blue top and dark denim jeans. As always the jerk looks hotter than ever, even to me. Well, I guess Sams already left to go to school, since she is the head master. Thanks Sam so much for leaving me with this smart ass.

I roll my eyes and start eating a slice of toast on the plate in the middle of the table. I feel a soft tug on my arm and find Caden standing next to me. How the hell did he get here from the other side of the table so quickly?

I give him a questioning glance and continue eating my toast. Again, a tug is pulled on my shirt, what is he a 7 year old?

I get up and brush my self down. "What do you want?" I ask, really pissed off.

"You want a ride?" He asks.

"No." I say simply. It's not that I'm not honored for a big-time player like Caden to offer me a ride to school, its just that I really want to start riding my new baby car.

I walk to the door and turn around to see Caden with a dumbfounded expression, I guess he's never been turned down before.

Well Caden I guess you just met your match.